Time to Talk to Scott

Chris was back in exactly an hour; he brought his dog Dodger with him. We figured Dodger and Soph, Scott couldn't hate us or yell at us.

"Hey Soph, so we are going to Scott's house okay. Chris and I have to talk to him." I said turning to face her the backseat and she smiled at us.

"Are you going to tell him you are dating Chrissy?" She asked and I smiled rolling my eyes at Chris as he laughed.

"Yeah. He was my friend first so it's only fair he knows." I said and she nodded.

"Honesty is the best key, right Aunt Lo?" She asked and I nodded and then turned back around.

"I hate when she uses my own rules against me." I said and Chris laughed taking my hand. He brought it to his lips and kissed my knuckles never taking his eyes off the road. Once we arrived at Scott's house, I got Soph out of the car and Chris got Dodger but handed the leash to Soph.

"I can take him?!" She asked excitedly and Chris nodded.

"Sure." Chris said and I smiled at him. He took my hand and we continued to the door and Soph knocked as Dodger barked.

"What the heck..." We heard Scott say inside and open the door. His face when he saw us standing there, Chris holding my hand wasn't the best face I had seen from him.

"Uncle Scott!" Soph exclaimed wrapping her arms around him. She caught me off guard, but I knew exactly what she was doing, and she was being the best little wing woman ever.

"Hey Soph. Chris...Lorelai...come on in. Looks like we are having a talk." Scott said when we walked in. Dodger went right to a basket of toys and grabbed his rope, took it to Soph and they instantly started playing in the living room as we all went in and sat down. "So, when did this start?" Scott asked and I sighed, I looked at Chris.

"About a week ago I took Soph and Lore to the pizza shop and then last night Lore and I had an adult for just us." Chris explained.

"I told you both I didn't like this." Scott said and I sighed.

"Scott, I know what you said and trust me we both know what you said but we are adults and can be adults, make our own choices. Now I will never hurt you so if this hurts you in anyway -..." I started to say, and he held up his hand stopping me.

"It doesn't hurt me Lo, he is going to hurt you!" Scott said and I looked at Scott in shock and then looked at Chris who was clenching his fists in his lap.

"What the fuck Scott?!" Chris yelled and I looked at Soph to make sure she wasn't listening to this conversation.

"You know how you are Chris, you know how you are with women and I can't have Lore getting hurt. She has too much in her life going for her and too much in her life to worry about other than you. You will never be number one in her life." Scott said and I looked at him.

"I'm right here Scott!" I said and he groaned.

"Tell me I'm wrong...." Scott said and I groaned.

"I'm not saying you are..." I said.

"So, I won't be number one? I wouldn't expect to be Soph will always number one, I'm not so self-centered to think I would be." Chris said and I gave him a small smile.

"I obviously can't tell you both what to do but all I'm going to say is Lore, be careful and Chris I swear to god if you hurt her or her skating chances, I will throw you off a cliff myself." Scott said and I tried not to laugh. I got up from where I was sitting, walked to where Scott was sitting and wrapped him in a huge hug and a big kiss on his cheek.

"I love you Scott Evans, always will." I said and he smiled as he hugged me back.

⛸ ⛸ ⛸

After we got Scott dealt with Dodger still had tons of energy, so we took him to the dog park. Soph decided to run around with him as Chris and I sat on a bench.

"We need to talk." I said and he sighed.

"You want to know my dating history." Chris said and I nodded.

"Just how Scott was talking it doesn't sound good Chris." I said and he groaned.

"Listen...I won't lie to you. I have dated a lot of girls in the past, small and short relationships only have a few that were long term and serious. I'm not saying I'm incapable of being in a relationship long term, it's just that...well...I tend to get bored and restless in relationships, always wondering if there might be something better for me or even the other person in the relationship." Chris said. I couldn't even look at him, so I looked at the ground and he just sighed.

"Chris, you have to tell me now if that's how it's going to be because last night, even though we didn't do anything, it meant something to me. I also have Soph to consider. She will always be a part of your family with being friends with Stella. I just have to weigh options here." I said and he groaned.

"That's the thing Lore, I don't feel that way with you. Last night meant something to me too. I have never felt this way about anyone I have ever dated this fast. Everything about you attracted me to you. I want to see where this goes, I want to see where we can go, and I want to be kept on my toes by you." Chris said. I looked at him giving him a small smile.

"Kept on your toes?" I asked and he nodded.

"I want it all with you Lore, you and Soph. I want all the ups, downs, fears, joy, happiness, tears. I want to go through it all with you." Chris said and I smiled. He leaned over to me and gave me a passionate kiss.

"I want it all with you too Evans." I said and we leaned back on the bench, he put his arm around me and pulled me close to him as we watched Soph run around with Dodger and laugh. Soph was content as was I. Was it this easy to be content or was something lurking around the corner to make Chris second guess it all?