31 ~ Love goes a long way

I V Y

What the fuck?

When I walked into the police station I was planning on telling the truth.

I was.

But then Cleo told me everything.

She told me how depressed she has been and about her suicide attempt.

I even went to Henry because he was the one to save her.

It's hard to fathom.

Henry knows first hand about depression. I'm not a fool, I know he has been through so much and Cleo had her fair share of tough times. I couldn't allow her to go through any more.

She deserves so much more.

I was willing to put myself in the line of fire even if Alex doesn't approve.

I hope Alex understands and lets me go through with this.

I hope he will open his heart again to me. I want him to still love me as much as I love him.

I know it's a fantasy but anything could happen with time. Time is all I'm gonna have.

But then he did something I never could have imagined.

He confessed.

People in the room were so confused. I was confused.

"He did it." Those words came out of his mouth.

Why?

No.

Hell no, I'm not letting this happen.

But what could I do? He gave them every answer.

He knew what to say. How did he know exactly what to say?

I'm left speechless.

Fuck, I'm so angry with myself.

I just sat there and let him do it. They put him in cuffs and stood up from there seats but I couldn't let them leave, not without talking to him.

"Wait! can I please talk to him before you take him away." I beg the officer.

He shrugs me off clearly frustrated about this situation.

"No. He has one phone call. You can talk then."

Have I said fuck.

~~~~

"Alex finally. What were you thinking?" Here we are sitting face to face visiting each other in the local prison as a sheet of glass separates us. They already have him in the orange jumpsuit.

It has completely shocked me how fast they moved to put him away.

There's still no proof.

I have to remind myself that they don't really know who Nate was with or how he died so Alex hopefully won't be in here long.

All they have is fake confessions.

"Relax, I know what I'm doing." He states calmly but he doesn't sound very convincing to me.

His eyes look tired. His hair is messy. This is the first time I have actually seen him without nice clothes on.

"No Alex I'm supposed to be in there not you. This is all my fault." I can feel the tears in my eyes forming.

"I'm so sorry."

"Listen to me Ivy. Don't panic," He states firmly.

When he has my attention, he continues to speak.

"You don't belong here either."

"I have a lawyer coming and I won't have to stay here for more then 24 hours. The police have nothing."

He looks so normal saying all of this. It makes me want to crawl into his arms.

I don't deserve him or what he's doing for me and Cleo.

I put my hand on the glass knowing he still doesn't want to be with me but I have to tell him.

"Thank you for everything, I know you probably hate me but I love you Alex."

I start to cry a little but I make sure not to stutter.

"Your my first love and I don't deserve any of this."

Before I get the chance to leave his hand connects with the glass over mine.

"I- I love you Ivy. I could never hate you."

I can't help but cry more. Relief fills my body and everyone else in the room seems to disappear.

"I'll do it. I'll lie for you."

He looks into my eyes as a way to convince me further that he has forgiven me.

"But you need to know I still love you and I don't care about Cleo, not after what she did to my brother."

"I'm doing this for only you."