Chapter 39. Tori's POV.

Soft filler chapter. I don't know how many chapters more there are, I'm still writing, and you're still giving me amazing feedback, so thank you for that. Your comments and likes keep me going!

No beta, we die like all our queerbaited ships!

-- -- -- --

I looked up as my father quietly came in the door. I smiled at him and pressed a finger to my lips, silently letting him know that Athena was asleep.

I gestured to the baby monitor on the coffee table and handed it to him.

He smiled at the sight of both mum and Athena asleep.

"How was your day?" He asked softly.

"Eventful. Jade and I got mum and Alice drunk. Also spent an hour at the arcade with Riley, Jade, and Theen."

He chuckled. "Your mother was drunk?"

"Is. I only just got her to lie down. She was snoring as soon as her head hit the pillow though."

"Is everything okay? She doesn't really day drink."

"I think the bottomless mimosas I ordered for her kept her from thinking too much about it."

"And you're okay? You know you can always talk to me, little one," he said, sitting beside me, putting an arm over my shoulder.

I leaned into his side. "I know, dad, I'm okay. I'm a little pissed at Robbie, and whoever else is taking the photos, but for now, it has calmed down. There were no extra photos today apart from when we left you." I pulled my phone from my pocket, showing him the post of us around his car as he arrested Robbie.

He frowned, looking at the screen before signing. "About that, I've got my cyber crimes friend looking into it. Why didn't you come to me sooner?"

"I- I thought it was harmless until they broke Athena's privacy. Taking the photo of Jade, Athena and me? I'm pissed now. Jade and I are one thing, but she's not even half a year old, she's not even two months." I sighed.

"What are your plans for tonight? I think you should stay in, just in case."

"Jade and I have a date. It's- it's a big thing for us. It's the anniversary of Walter and Nancy."

My dad frowned before he looked at me. "The play you two were in as a couple?"

I nodded, smiling. "We were going to go to Nozu, sing, and then go to her place and play a few games. Plus, I think I should check on Alice and make sure Jade's okay with how much Alice drank too."

he chuckled and patted my shoulder. "Alright, do you need a lift?"

"Nah, I'm just going to walk, it won't be dark for a while and it's a nice afternoon."

His face scrunched again.

"No, I think I should drive you."

"I'm fine dad. I'm a big girl."

He huffed. "I know, I'm not saying you're not, it's just, last time you left to go do something alone..."

"Ten months ago, don't worry. I have the mace, and I'll be on the phone with Jade the whole time. Go relax with mum. I have dinner ordered and it'll be here at six." The reluctant look on his face relaxed a little but didn't go away.

The door opened and we both looked over to see Trina entering the house.

"Trina can take you."

"Dad, come on. She literally just got home. I can walk."