Chapter 25. Jade's POV.

Waking up with Tori wrapped around me always made my day start off a hundred times better than it usually would.

I lifted my head and looked at the alarm clock provided with the motel room and nudged Tori awake.

"Vega, it's seven, we gotta get back on the road."

Tori only grumbled and rolled away from me, pulling the sheet with her.

"Okay, Fine. I'll go shower alone," I said with a hurt tone and pushed myself off the bed before heading to the bathroom and starting up the small shower.

Another noise floated from Tori, followed by a huff and sleepy stompy footsteps.

Tori's arms snaked around my waist from behind, making me smile as I felt her nuzzle my back, so I turned in her embrace and lifted her chin, kissing her forehead.

"Come on, let's shower so we can go get breakfast," I murmured as she nuzzled my neck, hugging me tighter.

"So early," Tori whined softly.

"I know, but we need to drive half the day to get to middle-of-nowhere fuckin-whoop-whoop wherever your family live," I said, and detached Tori from me, pushing my sleep shorts off and my shirt too before I stepped into the shower.

-- -- -- --

Parking the car, I looked up at the house and was surprised at how big it was. Tori mentioned the whole family slept at the house, but I didn't quite calculate how big the house would be.

She was talking about how many people would be coming, but I was so focused on driving and listening to the GPS, that I didn't quite understand until now just how big the house would be.

"You okay?" Tori asked.

"Yeah, just... big house."

"Yours is bigger," she said, frowning a little as she rubbed my thigh.

"Mm, yeah, but huge house means that there's going to be a lot of people I'll need to meet."

"That's true, if at anytime you don't feel like talking anymore, we can always go someplace quiet. There's a river on the property, we can go swimming? The waters amazing, always clear."

"Shit, I think I forgot to pack swimwear," I muttered, as we got out of the car and made our way to the boot to get our bags out.

"It's okay, I packed a few, you can wear mine."

"Toriiiii!"

I turned to see a little girl, that looked no older than Riley running towards us- Tori dropped her suitcase and caught the girl, both had big smiles and held tightly to each other.

"Hey Mini," Tori said, kissing the girls cheek.

"Missed you, Tori."

"Missed you too, kiddo. This is Jade, my girlfriend."

"Hi," the little girl said shyly and his her face against Tori's neck.

"Jade, this is Mini, her real name is Tori also though. Everyone calls her mini."

-- -- -- --

Tori led me to the room we'd be staying in, and I put our bags on the bed before following her back downstairs to meet her family, Mini still tucked comfortably into Tori's arms.

"Hey, Jade," Her dad greeted me and clapped me lightly on the shoulder before holding out a beer towards me.

"No thanks, I don't drink beer," I said, waving him off.