Chapter 27. Jade's POV.

Slight time jump to Jade's birthday present.
Please comment to let me know how you're enjoying the story. It means a lot to me and other writers to get comments.

If you like Ice Nine Kills, LEMME KNOW :3

— — — —

"How am I supposed to dress appropriately if you won't tell me where you're taking me?" I asked, looking down at my phone awaiting Tori's reply.

"I'll be there in a few minutes, just put some pants on. I have a shirt for you to wear."

"A shirt?"

"Think of it as an early birthday present, Jade," she said, and I heard a muffled sound come over the line briefly. Sighing and pulling on a pair of jean shorts from my dresser drawer, I slipped them on. "Can you make me a coffee please, I'm just down the street."

"Yeah, okay. See you soon," I said with a soft sigh and ended the call before pulling a shirt on. I then made my way upstairs to get a coffee ready for Tori and I.

It wasn't long before Tori let herself into the house, just like I did to her all the time.

"Jade?"

"In here, Vega," I called out, pouring her coffee into a travel mug before setting about to make my own coffee.

"Here," she said, pressing a kiss to my cheek as she pushed a box into my hands.

"What's this?"

"An early present, open it."

I set the box on the counter and lifted the lid, my eyes lighting up as I saw neatly folded Ice Nine Kills merch staring back up at me.

An envelope was sitting on to of the hoodie, as I lifted the shirt off it to look at what was left in the box.

I rested the shirt on my shoulder, grabbing the envelope and opened it up.

My heart stopped briefly as I saw tickets inside it.

"You didn't," I said, surprise in my voice.

"I did. So go get dressed," Tori said.

"Wait, now?"

"It's an hour's drive, go get ready."

-- -- -- --

"You got me tickets to the mosh pit?" I asked, launching myself onto Tori, wrapping my arms around her tightly.

Tori hugged me back just as tightly, kissing my cheek.

"I love you," I said, kissing her gently.

"I love you too, Jade. Ready for the mosh pit, shaka brah?" She asked.

I snorted, playfully slapping her arm.

The stadium started to fill up around us, so Tori and I moved closer to the barricade, my arm around her waist.

"Oh, wait," Tori said, pulling something out of her back pocket and handed it to me.

"No fucking way," I said when I noticed what it was.

"VIP passes," she said. "So we can go backstage after the show."

"Best birthday ever!" I exclaimed, hugging her tightly once more.

"I don't think I've ever seen you this excited, ever."

"Truthfully, I don't think I've been this excited. Except when I kissed you for the first time, or when Riley was born... and when you told me you loved me for the first time."