Chapter 36. Jade's POV.

8&½ months.

The Baby Shower.

— — — —

I looked over at Tori and smiled, she insisted that she work on something in private while she waited for the party to start. We were banished up to her room to be out of the way.

I set my phone down and shifted to the end of the bed.

"Where are you going?"

"Just gonna be here, Vega. I'm going nowhere, don't you worry," I said as I lifted her ankles onto my lap and started to rub her feet. I know they were bothering her today cause she had a slight limp when we made our way upstairs over an hour ago.

She groaned at the first pressurised stroke of my thumb along the bottom of her foot and laid her head back against the bed frame, her eyes closing.

"Hey, you know I love you, right?"

She lifted her head and looked at me, nodding slowly.

"And I want you to know, that whatever your decision with the baby is, keeping it or you know..."

She nodded again.

"Tori, I will always be here for you, with you, by your side. Through the hard moments, the good moments, and everything in between. You have brought so much happiness into my life I fear that if I were to ever lose you, I would be lost..." she opened her mouth and I held a hand up, stopping whatever she was going to say. "I love you, Tori. I know we keep saying we're so young but don't you ever just get the feeling that you know when something feels right, or good, you just go for it and worry about the outcome later?"

She blinked, nodded, but remained quiet as I continued my massage but on the other foot.

"Tori, I can't even begin to process how much you've made my life better, how much I love you, or how happy you make me. You make me feel loved, wanted, and needed whenever you're around, and even when you're not around, I still feel that way, you never fail to remind me how much you love me, and today, I want to remind you, just how much I love you..."

I stood, and grabbed my backpack from beside her bed, digging through it. I knelt by the bed and looked up at her.

"I love you, and I always will, Tori. You complete me in all the ways that there were missing pieces before you came alone. You make me whole. You make me better, and you haven't even tried to change me-"

"I never will try, Jade," she said as she closed her laptop and set it aside, turning to face me.

I smiled up at her, pressing a kiss to her knee. "You are the reason I want to keep going every bad day I have, Tori. You make me so happy, and I'm filled with so much love that I seriously worry about my reputation around school when you're always making me smile."

She laughed softly and I grinned.

"Tori, I know we say we're too young. But you and me, that feels right, and it's a feeling I never want to lose, and honestly, I'll never get tired of how right it feels cause my life's better with you in it. Vega, will you marry me?"

Tori's eyes widened as she looked down at me, her jaw-dropping open as I opened the ring box I pulled from my bag. "Please?"

"Fucking hell, Jade. You are so silly, of course, I'll marry you. As if there was ever any doubt about it. I appreciate the please though. As if I could say no to you, ever." She grabbed my wrists and pulled me up, laughing as she kissed me. "I love you."

"I love you too."

"The ring is so pretty," she said as I settled beside her and slid it onto her finger.