Chapter 20. Tori's POV.

AN: a few things... I want to thank my readers (no, this isn't the end, I just want to thank you all.)
To the people questioning how Tori got pregnant, Condoms and The Pill can fail. And it takes 2-3 weeks for a test to show anything at times also... with that being said, enjoy chapter 20.(:

Waking beside Jade always made me feel good, until the wave of nausea hit me and I jolted out of bed, running to the bathroom only to drop painfully to my knees in front of the toilet and bring up all the contents of my stomach.

"Are you okay?" I heard Jade ask before her stumbling footsteps came closer.

"Morning sickness," I said softly as I rested my forehead on my arm and leaned against the wall.

"Come on, get in the shower and relax, I'll make some coffee, okay?"

I nodded slowly, reaching up to flush the toilet before I pushed myself up to sit on the edge of the bathtub.

"Here," Jade said, making me look up.

"Thank you," I whispered, grabbing my toothbrush as she held it out for me.

"It's okay, I'll go start the coffee then come down and shower with you."

I nodded, pulling my shirt over my head before putting my toothbrush in my mouth and scrubbed at my teeth.

I stood, pushing my pants down then stepped into the shower as the warm water washed over me while I continued to brush my teeth.

— — — —

Sitting at the table in Jade's kitchen, I held the coffee cup between my hands to attempt to keep warm.

Jade sat beside me, buttering the toast before pushing a plate to me, two slices with the butter still melting.

"Eat, please," she whispered, and I nodded, pulling a slice apart before popping some into my mouth."Thank you."

"Thank you," I said, nudging her arm lightly with my elbow.

"Morning, girls," Alice said as she came into the kitchen. "You're up early."

"Morning sickness," I said, finishing off a piece of toast.

"The worst, but it also gave me two amazing children, so I can't really complain."

"Really?" I asked, smiling mischievously as I gestured to Jade.

"She's a good daughter, just very stubborn and scary."

"You think I'm scary?" Jade asked, raising an eyebrow.

"You carry scissors everywhere," Alice said.

Jade beamed, almost looking like she was too happy that she even scared her mother.

"Okay, dear, don't let the compliment go to your head."

Jade shrugged, taking a bite of her toast.

— — — —

"No way," Jade said loudly, startling me awake as I looked around.

I didn't mean to doze off during lunch, but I was so exhausted.

"What?" I asked, yawning.

"There's a summer festival coming up, with a huge eating contest," she said, making everyone at the table look at her confused.

"The kid that's the reigning champion looks like the one from those videos you showed me," she said, waving her phone in my face.

I blinked, grabbing her wrist to steady her hand and looked at the screen.