Project Insight

SHIELD HEADQUARTERS:

Steves POV:

Charlie and I were making our way to talk with Fury. I was lost in my mind, everything felt so secretive. This doesn't feel right. I look over at Charlie To find her head down and lost in thought. I immediately step in front of her to stop her. I place my hand under her chin to life her face to look at me.

"Tell me what your thinking" I asked her, knowing her thinking face.

"I don't mean to be rude about this but, I just don't have a good feeling Steve. I feel like our teammates and this company is hiding something. I don't mean to hurt you, i know you have been with them and SHIELD longer than me. I just can't shake this feeling. I may be out of my time but i trust my instincts always and ever since that mission, Im worried. I feel like right now, your the only one i can trust." She says looking at me worried.

I couldn't help but give her a small smile seeing the confidence she held. "I know what you mean, im struggling with trust a bit too right now. Lets figure this ting out." I finish.

"Together?" She says taking my hand.

"Together" I respond taking hers as we walk straight to Fury's office.

Charlies POV:

"You just can't stop yourself from lying, can you?" Steve sad aggravated. I put my hand on his arm to try and calm him down.

"I didn't lie. Agent Romanoff had a different mission than yours." This made me angrier, i forgot about calming Steve down.

"We are a team, our mission should all be the same. This is hw lives are lost Nick" I stated through gritted teeth.

"you didn't feel obliged to share that her mission was different" Steve said. I could tell his anger was building.

"I'm not obliged to do anything." Nick said oddly calm. I question everything about this man since i woke up.

"Those hostages could've died, Nick. I though that was our job here, to save lives. But it sure as hell does not seem like it." I said angrily. I normally am very strict on my language, but I am at a point now. I gave my life for others and I would do it again. I don't joke around when innocent lives are at risk.

"I sent the greatest soldiers in history to make sure that didn't happen." Nick said. I had to turn away from him, my patience being tested.

"Soldiers trust each other, that's what makes it an army. Not a bunch of guys running around and shooting guns." Steve said.

"The last time I trusted someone, I lost an eye. Look, I didn't want you doing anything you weren't comfortable with. Agent Romanoff is comfortable with everything." Nick said starting to grow impatient. I turned back to him and give him a pointed look.

"I can't lead a mission when the people I'm leading have missions of their owns." Steve said irritated. I wanted to comfort him but all i felt was anger and confusion.

"It's called compartmentalization. Nobody spills the secrets because nobody knows them all." He responds.

"Except you." I stated with a glare towards Nick

"You're wrong about me. I do share. I'm nice like that." Nick said comically. But i wasn't having it, my stare only got harder as Steve and I follow him into the elevator.

"Insight bay." Nick says

"Captain Rogers and Commander Williams do not have clearance for Project Insight." A computer said. I was a bit startled. I still wasn't used to the technology.