Shock

Truck:

Charlies POV:

We sat there in silence in the van. My face hurt a good amount but I wasn't concerned. I was more concerned about Steve. He told me about Bucky and i knew he wished to see his best friend again but not under these conditions. I looked up at Steve who was sitting across from me. His head was down, i could see he was still in shock. I wanted to comfort him but i couldn't.

"It was him. He looked right at me like he didn't even know me." Steve spoke with sorrow

"How's that even possible? It was like seventy years ago." Sam said cautiously

"Zola. Bucky's whole unit was captured in '43, Zola experimented on him. Whatever he did helped Bucky survive the fall. They must have found him and..."

"None of that's your fault, Steve." Nat spoke trying to help.

"This is what hydra does, they rip everything from you without you knowing it's coming. You couldn't have stopped this Steve" I spoke trying to help him understand. This wasn't his fault at all, but i can sympathize with him. I blamed myself for everyones death, for Maggies, for James that day. I knew how he felt.

"Even when I had nothing, I had Bucky." Steve says, I felt horrible. I look over to Nat and notice a fair amount of blood coming out of her shoulder.I move over to try and put pressure on it, Sam notices.

"We need to get a doctor here. We don't put pressure on that wound she's gonna bleed out here in the truck." Sam says to the guards while I try and help her.

"Your face isn't any better Charlie" Nat jokes but i can see she's weak. Suddenly one of the guards pulls out an electric rod and knocks out the other guard. We all stared confused. Suddenly the guard takes them helmet off to reveal Agent Hill. I sighed in relief, we have help. We can still carry out this mission.

"Ah. That thing was squeezing my brain." Hill states casually. " we need to go" She burns a whole in the floor and we all escape

Secret Facility:

Charlies POV:

Hill took us to a secret facility. I helped Nat out letting her lean on me, she was very weak and I was growing a bit worried but I knew she would be ok.

"GSW. She's lost at least a pint." Hill says

"Maybe two." Sam adds

"Let me take her." A doctor says going to grab Nat from me before Hill interrupted.

"She'll want to see him first." Nat and I looked at each other confused. We followed Hill to find Fury ALIVE. I was in shock but also wasn't at the same time. I wasn't really surprised. We all walk in slowly.

"About damn time." Nick states, I give him a small smile, so he was on our side. The doctors came and started treated Nat. They went to fix my face but I pushed them away. I didn't need this, ill be fine.

"I don't need any medical treatment, just a wash cloth for the blood." I told the doctor.

Steve looked at me "Charlie you have some really bad cuts on your face you need help" Steve said trying to reason with me.

I looked at him "Steve ill be fine ill heal in a day or two, id rather ration the supplies for those who really need it" I said looking towards Nick waiting for an explanation.

"Lacerated spinal column, cracked sternum, shattered collarbone, perforated liver, one hell of a headache." Nick told us

"Don't forget your collapsed lung." THe doctor added. I looked at Nick shaking my head in amusement. I know the situation is still serious but it felt good to know that the man who woke me was still a good man.