Worthy

Charlies POV:

It had been a couple of days since we returned from Sokovia. Steve and I spent those days together. We would sit on the balcony, I would read and he would draw. We watched movies that we needed to catch up on and we even danced once or twice. It felt amazing to be like this although I knew it wouldn't last long. Tony was throwing a party, and I needed to get ready. I wasn't sure what to wear or how to do my make up. It wasn't something I was accustomed to and I wanted to look like I belonged in this time period. I decided the best person to go to was Nat.

"Steve Im heading to Nat floor to get ready, I will see you t the party" I said walking up to him and giving him a kiss on the lips. He wrapped his arms around me not wanting me to move. I didn't want to either. We did this for a couple of minutes before I pulled away

"Steve I really need to go, we can finish this later" I said giving him a wink as I walked away. I heard him run to the doorway.

"Charlie you can't leave me like that" He said pouting but I continued walking and chuckling. after  minute I found myself knocking on Nat door. She opens up with a smile.

"What are you doing here?" She asked surprised

"Ive never really been to a party before especially in this era and I've never really worn make up and I don't really know what to wear these days so I was wondering if you could help me?" I asked sheepishly slightly embarrassed that I couldn't do these things myself. I know Steve loves me the way i am but tonight I wanted to surprise him.

"You came to the right place" She said with a smile pulling me in. She started to do my hair and make up.

"Thank you again Nat, I've never done this before. I wasn't one for dresses and make up in my day" I told her honestly.

"Its no problem at all. Im just glad I finally have someone to do this with, its hard being with all boys all the time. Im glad you came" Nat spoke honestly. "Plus your a total badass which makes things better" She said causing me to laugh.

"You know, we would have been good friends growing up" I said honestly. It was true, Nat was everything I would look for in a friend.

"Well then Its a good thing you have me now, so are you excited to marry Steve?" She asked while doing my hair.

"Ive never been this happy, it feels so right. Im thankful for everything that happened to me because it led me to him" I said staring off and smiling. Nat smiled and continued doing my hair.

"Well I better be the maid of honor" She said causing us both to laugh

"You got it" I said with a smile causing her to smile.

We finished getting ready. When I looked at myself in the mirror I was shocked. That couldn't be the same person.

"Nat you look beautiful" I said as she finished putting her dress on

"You don't look too bad yourself CJ" She said walked next to me

"Thank you for everything" I told her

Steves POV:

Sam and I were talking about the recent battle at Sokovia. My mind kept wandering to Charlie and if she was doing okay.

"Sounds like a hell of a fight, sorry I missed it." Sam said making me smirk

"If I had known it was going to be a firefight I absolutely would have called you." I told him honestly.

"No, I'm not actually sorry. I'm just trying to sound tough. I'm very happy chasing cold leads on our missing persons case. Avenging is your world. Your world is crazy." He said. I nodded. It was crazy. I do love saving peoples lives, but at the same time I really love being with Charlie in a normal setting. It feels so right when we just relax and do things we would have done in the 40's. But Im grateful life led me to her. I focused back on Sam.