Fear

Steves POV:

"Dont worry though, when I go ill have this beautiful view and the stunning silence of space. And ill be thinking of you as I slip into the long sleep forever. I love you Steve, forever. Thank you for the wonderful life you gave me."

I choked on a sob as i finished watching charlies last video. Watching these squeezed my heart. Seeing her so sick, so lost, so void of any hope completely destroyed me. She didn't think she was going to make it, and she probably wouldn't have if it wasn't for Carol.

This loss hit her hard, she always wanted to save everyone in the world but understood it wasn't possible. But loosing the kid...that set her over.

I never imagined I would see her like that, I never want to see it again. More tears fell out of my eyes listening to that last part. She had accepted her death yet she still made sure I would be okay, knowing that I gave her the best life. This made me grateful to have her more than ever. I am truly the luckiest man in the world. I was lost in thought when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"The procedure is done, I removed any excess metal and cleaned the wound. She is already healing her muscle and tone are coming back and the incision is almost gone. She should be awake soon" Bruce said. I bolted up and shook his hand

"Thank you so much" I said before running off to her room. I saw her lying in the bed so peacefully. As bruce had said, she almost looked back to normal, i was relieved.

"Im so sorry Charlie, that I wasn't there when you needed me most. I feel like I let you down, let us all down. I watched the videos you made for me. It wasn't easy seeing you like that but I'm glad i watched because now I know how to help you through this next step. I love you so much, you are my whole world Charlie" I said giving her another kiss on her head.

Third POV:

Steve sat by Charlies side for hours holding her hand and staring at her features he had missed, though he didnt know how much time had passed between him watching the videos and this moment. Nat was headed their way hoping she could get the soldier to groom and bathe before his wife had awoken. She also wanted some time with her friend she had missed so much.

She walked in quietly with a smile as she saw Steve looking at charlie with so much adoration. She was happy they both found each other.

"She is going to wake soon and I don't think she will be too excited when she notices your stubble and stench" Nat said sitting on the other side of the bed.

"It can't be that bad I've only been here for a couple of hours" Steve said making nat laugh

"Steve its been almost two days, you lost track due to those videos and your staring" She said laughing as Steves face went into a shocked expression

"I can't leave her, not anymore. Something could happen, what if she needs me?" Steve responded in panic

"Steve, she held up her own. Apparently she was the only one to make thanos bleed and held up the longest fights with him. She is stronger then any of us. Plus ill keep an eye on her, your not the only one who missed her" Nat finished looking over to one of her best friends glad to have her back.

"Make sure she is safe" Steve said before giving Charlie another kiss and leaving.

Nat sat there for about an hour looking at Charlie. She couldn't believe how fast she recovered. Bruce said she just needed rest, it was a rough month for her and Tony. Her attention was caught when she felt a hand on hers.

"Listen I know its hard to keep your eyes off me but im married" Nat herd and looked up to see a smiling Charlie looking down at her. Without thinking Nat jumped up and threw her arms around Charlie.