Regroup

Charlies POV:

We all sat around the kitchen listening to Nick speak. I sat close to Steve holding his hand seeking comfort.

"Well, this is good times, boss, but I was kind of hoping when I saw you, you'd have more than that." Nat spoke up

"I do, I have you. Back in the day, I had eyes everywhere, ears everywhere else. Here we all are, back on earth, with nothing but our wit, and our will to save the world. So stand. Outwit the platinum bastard." Nick spoke making me cringe slightly at his use of language, old habits die hard. I still am a 1940's girl.

"Mr. and Mrs. Rogers don't like that kind of talk." Nat spoke making Steve and I shake out heads. It is a habit we probably can never rid of.

"You know what, Romanoff?" Steve smoke as Nat smiled evil at us.

"Thanks Nat" I said shaking my head laughing slightly.

"So what does he want?" Nick asked. I could tell this was hard for him, not having eyes on every little detail.

"To become better. Better than us." Steve spoke uo, i nodded in agreement

"He keeps building bodies." I added

"Person bodies. The human form is inefficient, biologically speaking, we're outmoded. But he keeps coming back to it." Tony said on a trail of thinking, it made me start to think. Is he trying to make his best possible form?

"When you two programmed him to protect the human race, you amazingly failed." Nat said frustrated

"They don't need to be protected, they need to evolve. Ultron's going to evolve." Bruce said, then it clicked in my head

"How?" Nick asked

"Has anyone been in contact with Helen Cho? Like bruce said Ultron is going to evolve to become better. He's going to make himself a new form. One that is unbeatable...One that will make us extinct." I said standing up immediately. We have to get the cradle.

"We follow your lead Commander" Nick said smiling at me, was he proud? I looked at Steve making sure it was okay that I took the lead this time. He gave me a smile and a nod to continue.

"We need to get to the cradle as soon as possible. He's building the best version of himself and if we don't stop it we go and so does the world. Ultron probably already has it and Dr. Cho. That cradle is our mission. I know we all saw things we wish we could unsee, but it wasn't real. We are all stronger than we think. We can do this, but only as a team" I spoke as everyone looked at me. Steve held a proud smile and everyone nodded.

"Lets suit up and her dout" I finished. Evrryone went to rooms to get changed.

"Your a born leader Charlie" Steve said pulling me into a hug

"Well I have an amazing person to learn from" I said kissing Steve. We both got ready and headed for the quintet with the rest of the team.

Nick was walking along side the team.

"I'll take Natasha and Clint." I said to everyone still holding onto a leadership role

"I will come with you, we need all the hands we can get." Steve said looking to me, I gave him a nod.

"Alright, strictly recon. I'll hit the NEXUS, I'll join you as soon as I can." Tony said, i can hear the determination in his voice, it was nice to have him back.

"If Ultron is really building a body..." Steve trailed off, I knew what he was getting at, we all did.

"He'll be more powerful than any of us. Maybe all of us. An android designed by a robot." Tony said causing the team to look at each other, we all were concerned if we could do this. Everyone stood quietly, I knew now was a time to insert some humor. The team needed it. Heck we all did after what we wen though.