Chapter 5: Testing the waters of friendship.

Phiwokuhle's POV

I feel bad for what i said earlier. I didn't mean to snap at them like that but it was annoying when they kept pestering me about my wellbeing. I've never had people actually be concerned except my siblings and mother. I don't know if i should apologize to them or leave things be.

"What's wrong?" asks Phiwokwakhe. "Nothing I'm just tired." I answer. "Mmm. Finish up with your homework you don't want your father to beat you up again." "Please don't call him my father." "Askies. I'm sorry about what happened yesterday." (Sorry.) "It's okay it was my fault either ways that i got in this situation."

"So how was school?" he asks. "I snapped at them." I answer. "Your acquaintances?" I nod. "I'm not surprised. What happened?" "They kept checking my wellbeing and me being me I just told them they don't know me and they must stop checking up on me cause we not friends." "Damn that's harsh." "I know and i kind of feel bad about it." He smiles. Why is he smiling at my situation?

"You know what that means." he says. "I have no clue please enlighten me." I say. "You care about them." I scoff. "No i don't and nobody cares about acquaintances." "Look at this if you didn't care about them then you wouldn't be bothered at the fact that you snapped at them but now that you bothered it means you care a lot and it's cute." "There is nothing cute about such." He rolls his eyes and chuckles.

"Anyways enough about me and my problem what's happening with your life." I say. "The teachers are still the same and I'm still single." he says. "You just arrived so don't expect anything." "I'll be patient." "In your be patient quest please don't target any grade 8's. I don't want to accompany you to court because of statutory rape." "Eewww. I'm not into grade 8's that's like it's me wanting to date my siblings."

I laugh. "How are your friends?" I ask. "They okay. They miss you but we all know the real reason why they miss you." he answers and i smirk. "Being pretty really does hurt sometimes." He rolls his eyes and i laugh. "Don't be jealous that I'm attractive and all the guys want me." "I'm not jealous. No need to rub it in my face cause you wouldn't like if your friends wanted me."

"Hence i don't befriend girls anymore cause I know I'll get annoyed with their constant visits because of you and i don't want that." I say and he chuckles. "That's how I feel." he says. "Okay tell them that I'm lesbian so they can forget." "As if that has ever worked." "Probably because your statement wasn't as convincing as it should be idiot." He rolls his eyes.

"Are you lesbian?" he asks and i shrug my shoulders. "So you into girls." "I'm not saying anything. You actually a distraction I need to do my homework. Teachers are depressed so they giving me homework. And i need to think about a few things." "Okay I'll see you later." He stands up and leaves.

I don't know if I'm actually into girls but that's currently irrelevant right now. I need to decide whether I should continue with my pride fest or just suck it up and be the bigger person. Not that being the bigger person has never worked for me but it's not easy admitting that you wrong especially to the opposite gender. What was I getting myself into by having male acquaintances?

I'll sleep on the desicion and see what happens tomorrow but like yeah I wonder who I'm going to chill with now cause I'm not open to being social with strangers. I think i should start looking for an actual empty bench and forget about them. I like putting myself in unnecessary trouble.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●
It's break now and this is the part I'm dreading the most. I even prepared what I'm going to say and i wrote it down on a piece of paper so I won't say it out loud and once they done reading I shall see if they take me back or whatever they supposed to do.