Chapter 18: Make things right.

Phiwokuhle's POV

I try calling her but it goes straight to voicemail. Great now I have just ruined my chances of having some sort of relationship with Ayesha. I should have called her before i napped so I can explain everything but stupid ass me didn't. I'll give her a couple of days before I try again but for now let me start packing. I wipe away my tears and sigh.

I can't let this thing show that it's bothering me because I'm not in the mood to be interrogated by my grandmother and mom. I get up and walk to the closet and take out my suitcase. I start picking out the outfits I'll be wearing and i pack my toiletries. After packing up I change into pjamas and go downstairs. No point in being all dressed up when the day is over.

I go to the living room and i find Musa watching TV. "How's my older sis doing?" he asks. "I'm fine wena." I say. "I'm good. You still bummed out that you couldn't go." "Yeah but things will be good. I shall reschedule it for when we come back." "I'm so excited to go to gogo's house." "Me too. We need a break from your father." "Why is he my father only?" I roll my eyes.

"How is school?" I ask. "It's good." he says. "Did you study hard this term?" "Yeah I did but the results shall tell us everything we need to know." "Emotionally?" "I'm fine. Can we not talk about that part." "I just want to know how you doing. You can't keep things bottled up." "Just like you did for six years." I sigh. "Yeah just like I did."

"I'm fine don't worry about me." he says. "You know you don't have to be strong around me." I say. "Please don't be like mom. Even if i do talk about how I feel what difference is it going to make because it's not like she will leave this shitty marriage of hers." I sigh. "I shouldn't have bothered." "Yeah vele you shouldn't have." He stands up and leaves.

I take the remote and click on Netflix. I put on Rebelde and continue from where I left off. Phiwokwakhe comes in and plops himself on the couch and lays his head on my lap. "What did you do to Musa?" he asks. "I didn't do anything. I was just being a concerned sister and that got thrown back in my face." I say. "But you know how he is Phiwo." "I'm just trying to make sure my younger siblings are okay."

"I get that but he doesn't like talking about things and you shouldn't force him to do so." he says. "If you here to tell me how wrong I was for checking up on my little brother you need to leave." I say. "Askies I'm just saying." (Sorry.) "Mina ke I'm just suggesting." "Did you explain to her?" "She's no longer talking to me." "Why?"

"I forgot to call her before I took my nap and yeah you will figure out the rest." I say. "Hai nawe." he says. "I know I'm very stupid." "Very stupid." "No need for you to rub it in my face fool." "No I'm trying to make you realise how stupid you are but don't worry you not the only person that's stupid." I roll my eyes. "So comforting." He chuckles.

"Uzoba strong. Call her again after a few days." he says. "Yeah I will. Can I watch Rebelde in peace." I say. "You only watching it because you like Andi Agosti." "And its not a bad thing because she's fine as a fudgalcious ice cream not as fine as Ayesha though." "Let me keep quiet." "Good." We chuckle.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●
I wake up and do my morning routine and wear grey leggings with a white oversized t-shirt and crocs. I lay my edges and apply lip gloss. When I'm done i make my bed and take my suitcases and go downstairs. I'm so excited to leave this house and go visit somewhere else.

I get downstairs and find my siblings and mom waiting by the door. "Took you long enough fool. Do you want your dad to change his mind?" asks Mandisa. "I'm sorry I overslept." I say. My mom opens the door and she unlocks the car. We put our suitcases in the boot and as usual I rush for the front seat. "At this point you can have the front seat because I'm not about to get hit because of it." says Phiwokwakhe and i chuckle. "Glad you surrendered."