Chapter 25: Family's lives in danger.

Phiwokuhle's POV

After gathering my thoughts I start walking to go catch a taxi. I'm actually disappointed in her. Why couldn't she tell me on Saturday? I would have assured her that nothing is happening and now I had to find out from my friend that she has an issue with what she saw on Friday. I would have told her.

But what if Kwenzo is lying? I don't wanna believe he would do such a thing but it's possible. I have severe trust issues and i can't just trust anybody. Okay let me stop with these thoughts i have to get home and do homework. I hail a taxi and it stops and i get inside and it drives off. Sometimes I end up appreciating a taxi cause at least i can dwell in my thoughts and no one would care.

I shout stop sign and it stops and i get off. I walk to my dad's house and i get inside and go upstairs. It feels good to be back, not necessarily good to be in this house but good to be alone in my own space and dwell in my thoughts. I've been doing that a lot lately and it's starting to annoy me I don't wanna lie.

I change out of my uniform and wear my pjamas. I sit at my study table and start with my homework. At least my homework isn't a lot today so I will finish quickly. I finish after thirty minutes and i take my phone and text Ayesha. This thing would be better if its done in person so for the next twenty four hours let me pretend we still good.

Babe❤🤗: You good?
Me: I am I'm just tired today. Something is also bothering me.
I will hint it to her but I won't make it direct. I want to see what she will say.

Babe❤🤗: What is it?
Me: Thing is Kwenzo has been cold towards me I don't know why and it's weird cause I asked him and he said we cool but a blind person can see we not.
Babe❤🤗: Then probably you overthinking things.
Me: You think so?
Babe❤🤗: Yes don't stress about it. If he wants to tell you he will. Don't stress about him sthandwa sami.

She didn't say anything, I'll confront her tomorrow.

Me: Video call?
Babe❤🤗: Hell yeah.

I log off whatsapp and FaceTime her. She answers her phone and she's wearing a Nike sports bra and some shorts. Eish I'm supposed to be angry but she has to look like this. She's definitely a walking temptation and I'm here for it.

"You done checking me out?" she asks and i feel my cheeks heat up. "Yes I'm done checking you out." I answer and she chuckles. "You getting bold now I love it. Why you in your pjamas so early?" "I'm one of those pjama lovers. If I'm not in uniform its pjamas." She laughs. "Okay but you look cute in them." "I look cute in anything." "Okay Ms." We laugh.

"Don't worry about Kwenzo you shall talk when his ready." she says and i sigh. "I hope so too. His my only friend in that group the rest are close acquaintances but they also my friends at the same time if it makes sense so that's why I'm worried." I say. "I understand. Let's talk about something else." "Before I forget my punishment is no going out for one month." "Okay that's fine. At least i see you at school." "You lucky."