Chapter 14: There for her.

Kwenzokuhle's POV

"Kwenzo can I talk to you real quick." says Ayesha. "Sure what's the problem." I ask. "Well promise me you won't judge." "Ayesha I've done worse shit than you so i won't bother judging. Only person who can judge is Jesus or God and i ain't either." She chuckles. "I'm glad you can make your life a joke....Anyways I kind of did something to Phiwo..." "Did something like what?"

"I kissed her." she answers and my jaw drops. "You joking right?" I ask. "Nope I'm not joking. She can attest to this once she stops avoiding me." "Why is she avoiding you?" "I'm not sure but then after we kissed she told me that it was her first time kissing a girl." "Did she consent?" "Yeah she did but I don't know why she did if she's never kissed a girl."

"Did she tell you she is homosexual?" I ask. "Nope she didn't say anything. Thing is I kind of like her and I'm scared of telling her that because we just friends and I don't really know if she likes girls or not." she says. "Damn. So what are you going to do now?" "I don't know. She's been avoiding me the whole day and i don't like that. I just want us to talk things out and establish this whole thing."

"Do you want me to talk to her?" I ask. "Nope she will get mad that I told you. I just needed to tell someone that she knows." she says. "I hope you fix things though." "Me too because I don't wanna ruin what we have." "Mmm. If you like her ask her out and if she does reject you don't take it to heart just move on."

My driver gets here and i say bye to Ayesha. "Thanks for being a shoulder to cry on." she says. "No problem Ms I like Phiwokuhle." She rolls her eyes and we chuckle.  I get inside the car and he drives off. I did not expect that revelation.

I don't know how to feel about the fact that she kissed her. I don't have an issue with her kissing Phiwo. I just hope Ayesha works the courage to ask her out and stop being a coward. "Girl problems?" he asks. "It's not really girl problems but it involves girls." I answer. "Talk to me." "Well that girl I was standing with kissed one of my friends and I'm shocked to say the least."

"Are you jealous?" he asks. "No I'm not jealous I don't like my friend in that way we are better off as friends than lovers. I'm just shocked because I didn't know she likes girls in that way but at the same time we not sure because she hasn't made it known if she likes girls or not." I answer. "You not against the community right?" "No I'm not. I'm in full support of it."

"So what does that girl want to do?" he asks. "She said that she likes my friend but she is too scared to confess to her." I answer. "Yaze yankulu lendaba." (Such big news.) "I know right but I'm here for drama." We chuckle. "Advice her to tell her how she feels there is nothing much she can do unless she's fine dying with her crush." "I did tell her we shall see how things unfold. When are you getting a girl?"

"I'm not interested in girls." I say. "You focussing on making your parents proud?" he asks. "Yeah I am. After the things I put them through last year I really need to make it up to them this year so girls will only be a distraction." "That's good for you and I'm proud of you for how far you come. It's not easy quiting but you did." I let out a nervous chuckle. "Yeah."

I feel like the temperatures in the car are rising. I open the window and let the cool breeze cool my body. I don't know how long I can keep it a secret but I have to keep it that way for as long as i can otherwise my family and i are doomed. I know I'm not using anymore but I'm still apart of this world. We get home and i get out off the car and go inside.