Episode: One, Part 2.

Oblivion by Grimes♪I never walk about after darkIt's my point of view'Cause someone could break your neckComing up behind youAlways coming and you'd never have a clue♪

Oblivion by Grimes

I never walk about after dark
It's my point of view
'Cause someone could break your neck
Coming up behind you
Always coming and you'd never have a clue

"so this is who Robert screwed us over with? the Che Guevara of Boston?" the lady behind Joel said "War must be going pretty shitty for you to be buying from scumbags like him" she continued, "yeah, it kinda has been. the merch was bad and he didn't take fuck off for an answer" Merlene answered. "Gimmie my knife" Ellie spoke "what do you need a car battery for?" Joel asked, Ellie reaching for the knife "Don't" Joel warned pointing his gun at her, i raised mine to him again. "not at her." Marlene quickly responded, "Point it at me." Ellie's breaths speeding up a bit, Joel pointed his gun back at Marlene and i put mine down. "And to answer your question, I need it for a much better reason than you do. No offence, but Tommy's just one man." she paused "it's our business to know things"
"to know things. you're the cause of it. you turned my brother against me." Joel spat back, "Ok Joel."

"that was a lot of gunfire. FEDRA's gonna be on the way" the lady next to Marlene spoke, "i know" Marlene responded. "We were gonna move Ellie out of the zone tonight. but we won't make it anywhere like this. not for a while anyway." she started "So now i'm thinking.. you're gonna do it."
she finished, "The hell we are." Joel said as Ellie disagreed with Marlene. "Let me take her" the other lady spoke, "Tess, we don't have time for this." Joel added "oh YOU don't have time?" Marlene snapped, "Who is she?" Tess spoke "To you? she's cargo." Marlene answered quickly. "We don't smuggle people, sorry." Joel said.

"I can do it." Marlene's lady said, "Kim you don't have a fuckin' ear on your fuckin' head. could you, please" Marlene answered "There's a team of fireflies waiting for her at the old state house." Joel scoffed in reply "I know what's out there, we were going with an entire squadron for that very reason. but now i don't have a truck or a squadron. FEDRA's five minutes away. what i DO have is you." .. "and i know what you're both capable of. for better or worse" she sighed.
"what are they capable of?" Ellie asked
"Shhh shut it." i snapped at her earning a eye roll in response. "You get her there safely they'll give you what you need." Marlene spoke again "Not just a battery. the whole thing. Fuelled-up truck, guns, supplies, all of it. i swear, ... i swear" she finished. the two smugglers not saying a word, Joel looked back towards his partner who nodded. Joel kicked Ellie's knife across the floor, "Asshole." Ellie exclaimed as Joel walked away

"You trust her?" Tess asked him, he shook his head. "No, me neither, but she seems desperate" She added "Firefly vehicle is usually means repurposed FEDRA stuff. so better-than-decent chance of making it to tommy in one of those" "the second we hand that kid over-" Joel interrupted by Marlene "Yall talk it through, but please remember that i'm bleeding out." she panted, "Ok. here's the deal. we'll get her to your crew at the State House. But before we hand her over, they give us everything we want. if not, we kill her, there and then." The woman said "Deal. but you take X with you." Marlene quickly added "I promised him no turn ins with FEDRA." "Really? that fast?" Ellie asked "You are all that matters. my team will not jeopardise that." she answered "remember what i told you? now go get your backpack, Y/n we need to talk i suggest you two join us." she said. moving aside from the door to let Ellie in the room and walked over to Marlene, Joel and Tess following me. "Y/n, i need your full trust on this. no betrayal's, no guns blazing. nothing. you know your motto, stick to it." i nodded in response, "they won't turn me in?" i asked "no. if they do then thats a consequence they have to deal with." Marlene said, "What so if they do i have to spend another 3 years in there trying to escape again?" i snapped. "We won't" The beat up lady spoke. "motto?" Joel asked. "No shooting unless shot first. Shoot, you're dead" i answered coldly walking back towards Ellie's room. "Do you understand X?" Marlene asked "yes."

Ellie came out with her backpack "Lets go." Tess spoke walking away, Ellie looked towards Marlene who nodded at her before she shoved past Joel picking up her knife, i quickly put my gun away and followed her. "Joel, Don't fuck this up. Please" Marlene said, Joel sighed and walked away.

~~~
finished- 13/02/2023 2:40pm