Chapter 2: Crumpled Paper

"Argh! I don't know what to do with this shit anymore!" I throw another sheet of crumpled paper on the floor.

I tried drafting notes on my laptop but to no avail, I just stared at it until my eyes sore. I tried writing some on fresh sheets of paper but nothing happens. Nothing. As in nothing. Still a piece of empty, inkless paper. I feel so empty just like this sheet of paper in front of me.

"What should I do now? I got deadlines! I'm dead! I should do something before I totally fuck up." I massage my temple before writing something again. But eventually surrendered after a few hours. I can't think of anything useful.

"Hmmm..." I was kinda surprised when someone covered my eyes from the back without me noticing her presence.

"Take a guess. Who am I?" She chuckled.

"Abby?"

"No!"

"Macy?"

"Noo!"

"Jenna?"

"Damn! No!" She removed her hands from my eyes and crossed her arms in front of me as she gave me that deadly glare. She seemed so pissed as she raised her brows and pouted her lips in irritation.

"Who the fuck are those girls, ha?" Kamuntik na akong matawa sa reaction n'ya. Sobrang inis na inis talaga s'ya.

I just shrug my shoulders. "Nothin'. Just friends. Normally, sila kasi 'yong gumagawa n'yan sa akin."

"Friends lang ba talaga? O GIRLFRIENDS?"

Tumikwas ang kilay ko at tinitigan s'ya ng masama. "You have issues? Just keep it to yourself nalang! Can't you see? I'm working. You know i'm not rude with girls, Cheska, but can you please leave me alone? I needed to finish this book and you are not helping me."

"Are you telling to fuck off and leave permanently out of your life, Narda?"

I put down my pen and look at her almost teary eyed. "Hay! Ang sabi ko, umalis ka na muna kasi nagtatrabaho ako. But if you want to go out of my life, it's your choice. I can't force you to stay or anyone at that. In the first place, you were the one who wanted to stay in my life. So it's your choice if you want to go away for real. Sino ba naman ako para pigilan ka 'di ba? And as far as I know, ang pilit na relasyon ay hindi rin naman nagtatagal."

Huminga lang s'ya ng malalim at lumapit sa akin. She kissed my hair and pat it with the palm of her hand. "You know I can't do that. I love you this much that I won't let you go just like that. Sige, iiwan na lang muna kita para makapagconcentrate ka sa trabaho. I'll call you. Take care, Narda."

"Hmmm..." Tumango lang ako at bumalik sa pagsusulat.

Nakahinga ako ng maluwag ng tuluyan na s'yang lumabas ng unit ko. Hinarap ko nalang ulit ang laptop ko at sinubukang magsulat.

"Another woman crying over you, author. How disgusting!"

Napalingon ako sa may pinto saka nagkibit-balikat bago bumalik sa ginagawa ko.

"What was that all about?"

"Shhh! I'm working, Mara!" Saway ko sa bestfriend ko na kakapasok lang din ng unit ko. For sure nagkasalubong sila ni Cheska.

"Why do you have to do this, bes?"

Napahawak nalang ako sa sentido ko at huminga ng sobrang lalim para pigilan ang inis na nararamdaman ko. "I'm trying to work, bes! Did you see this mess? That's how many times I tried to write something. Distraction is the least that I wanted to have right now."

Umiling-iling lang s'ya. I can feel her disappoinments right now. "Writers are suppose to be hopeless romantic... everyone think you're always inlove to create this beautiful stories, but hey! It's fucking different in reality! Your own love story is a mess!"