Chapter Sixty Four

"-Cant expect me to say yes on the spot, didnt they teach you what the word no means." Ayame was saying, voice devoid of emotion.

Kellin felt his eyebrow raise up to his hairline, Akira coughed into his fist from  besides him, barely managing to hide the laugh he was trying to conceal.
So this was what he meant when he said that Ayame can get pretty mean  verbally.

"You're a bastard. " She hissed, a frown gracing her rather pretty face.
"You didnt give my confession a second thought before your rejected me."

When Akira saw that Ayame was opening his mouth, to no doubt hurt this girl's feelings even more, he placed a palm on the snall of Kellin's back and pushed him forward, making his shoes skate slightly on the pavement, creating a scratching sound.

Both their heads instantly snapping toward him, a pair of light brown eyes stared at him and the baby blue he liked so much soften when they settled on him.

"I wasnt going to come out, I swear." He said raising his arms up into the air.
"Akira pushed me."

Alex snickered at the look on Akira's face, a mix between amusement and impressed. He would soon learn that they didnt do things half way.

"Excuse me, but who are you?." The girl asked, really they should probably get her name, cant keep calling the girl all the time.
"You're interrupting an important conversation  here."

She was polite, but also kind of rude in a subtle way. Alex gotta admit that this girl has guts.
"Ah, well you see." He scratched the back of his head in a sheepish way.
"We happened to spot this guy from way up there." He gestured to the window on the third floor.
"Didnt realized that he was getting confessed too, otherwise we wouldnt have Interrupted."

Yeah right, Ayame thought shooting Alex a raised eyebrow, not believing a word the little bugger was saying.
"You should have interrupted sooner then." He said dryly.
"I told her that I already had my other half, yet she insisted that I reconsider her feelings, kids these days are so demanding, and certainly dont know how to take the word no."

"For all I know you could be lying." She said heatedly like Kellin wasnt standing right in front of her, well, he could excuse her, she didnt exactly know that he was Ayame's other half.
"Lying is the cowards way out."

Oh, ouch. Kellin winced at that, this girl really knew how to push someone's buttons. And from the way Ayame's face instantly turned dark, his jaw creaked audibly as it tighten and his knuckles were turning white from how hard he was clenching them.

"Lying?. Woman you dare accuse me of lying?."

"Oh boy, here we go." Akira muttered, his tone of a man that went through this too many times, sliding a hand down his face.
Alex whistled lowly in response.

"Why is it I have to prove my self to you, what right do you have to say such things, I was being honest when I said that I had my other half and quite frankly, you just arent my type." Ayame spoke coldly.
"You must be one of those girls that willingly throw themself to any guy that so much as glance your way, spreads your-."

"Ayame. " Kellin called, stopping his rant short, he would have let him continue, if only they weren't on school compound,  while he and Alex certainly wont get in trouble because the teachers shake in their pants as soon as they saw them, His Ayame wouldn't get such an easy way out.
"Calm down, you're going to make her cry." He said nodding his head in said girl's direction, where her eyes were glossy and lips were trembling a bit.

"Baby, you heard what she-.".

"Yes I did." Kellin sighed, a tingly feeling in his tummy at the pet name. A totally different feeling from when his mom calls him that.
"Does it really matter, she's all talk after all."