Chapter Twenty Four.

"Oh yea." Kellin said, later on that night, he dug through his neatly packed school bag to pull out the stack of booklets Emi had given him, and turned around to smack it against Alex's chest, ignoring the way his brother was staring at the scars on his body.
"Emi delivered this for you."

Alex huffed out a breath at the impact and immediately raised his arms to prevent the papers from tumbling out of his arms.
One look at the first word on the top booklet and Alex groaned.

"There goes my weekend."

Kellin snickered, tugging on a loose shirt over his head.
"You can always finish your work before the weekend, you know." He rolled his eyes.
"Then again, you're a lazy ass."

"Rude." His brother huffed.

"Love you too, brother dearest." He teased back, quickly shuffling under his blankets and sinking onto the cool mattress with a sigh. He yawned widely as soon as his head was nestled against the pillow.

The last thing he saw was his brother shaking his head fondly at him before his eyelids slipped closed.

"So what did mom want us to pick up exactly?." Alex asked, rubbing his eyes and looking up at his brother from his position sprawled over his desk.

"Some things to make dinner tonight," Kellin replied, eyebrows frowning at the question on his notebook that was starting to give him a headache.
"She's going with dad and uncle Pein to the meeting they're having with some guy from away."

Alex sighed.
"Mom's gonna get unwanted attention again."

"Yea I know." Kellin bit the tip of his blue inked pen and looked at his brother.
"She said that its just for tonight that we'll have to make our own dinner, Saturday, she's carrying us with her."

That statement had Alex perking up immediately, seriously, he resembled a puppy with the way his eyes lit up.
"You're serious?!." He asked.

"Yup, apparently she wants us to see how dad and uncle Pein runs business." Kellin looked amused.
"As if we don't know already, how scary they are."

The bell rung, ending the class period and Kellin started packing his stuff away while Alex sat up and stretched his arms above his head.

Together they walked out of the classroom and headed in the direction of another, busy day today.

"Hey, guys!."

Alex turned around to see Teegan and Krist running up to them, smiles on their faces.

Teegan immediately tackled Alex in a hug before he switched targets and latched onto Kellin with enough force to send the tall boy back a few steps.

"Do I look like a stop sign?." He grumbled, once again hesitating, his arms hanging mid air, this was his brother's boyfriend, it was still hard to accept that everything was alright.
He didn't know if Alex was going to blow up at him for touching Teegan, or giving the short guy a hug.

His fingers twitched, not really know what to do in this situation, so he settled for a awkward pat on the shoulder, pushing the disappointed looking boy away.
"So..uhh.. Let's get going shall we?."

He made to turn away when his brother latched onto his arm and pulled him back.
"Hey, you didn't do that correctly."

Kellin stared at him for a second before he frown.
"What?."

Alex twisted him around to face Teegan and Krist, the former looking like he was already arming up to let the water works go.

"Hug him properly, would you." Alex sighed, pushing him forward, his hands pressing firmly against Kellin's back.