The Family Pt.2 | Jamie (Kin)

Disclaimer: This is my version of what I think would happen if Kin was made longer. I know it was a short film but to fit in with this, I chose to make my own version. :)

Jamie didn't speak for the rest of the day, which was understandable. You cooked him some food and tidied the mess from the mornings incident. You went to the shop to get him a few things and tried to cheer him up.

"Jay, do you want to do anything?" He never responded, or even acknowledged you'd spoke to him. You put your hand on his shoulder, hoping that would gain his attention. He slapped your hand off and jumped to his feet.

"This is all your fault, Y/N. If you didn't stick your nose in and tell him all that shit, it would've been fine." He snapped. You were bamboozled at why he thought that. His face showed anger, much of it.

"Jamie, I know you're upset but this wasn't my fault." You defended yourself. "Save it, Y/N. You're the reason he's gone. Fucking idiot." You stood up to try reason with him but he shoved you against the wall.

His arms pinned yours down, his grip was tight. "Ow, Jamie. You're hurting me."

"He's gone to another fucking family and it's all your fault. You were supposed to help me, not ruin my fucking chances." He let his grip go, flung his jacket around him and stormed out his flat.

This wasn't his normal behaviour. He's hurting but shouldn't take it out on you. You started crying, debating whether it was your fault and should've kept your mouth shut.

The last thing you wanted was to ruin your friendship with Jamie, especially after the kiss last night. You were getting mixed feelings for him. It's like you both wanted each other but things got in the way and he's looking for someone to blame.

It had been hours since the argument. You wasted the day by crying in the corner of the room. The emotions ate you up and you fully believed Jamie by this point. You heard the front door open and Jamie walked up the stairs. You tried hiding the fact you'd been crying when he came in.

He looked around the room and spotted you in the corner.

"I'm sorry, I'll go." You said, bowing your head down to avoid eye contact. You walked past him but was stopped by his hand. He looked at your face, seeing the red, puffy eyes. He looked at your arms that now had bruises from his grip earlier.

"Y/N.. I- I'm sorry." His finger traced over each bruise. "You've got every reason to be angry with me, Jay."

"It's not true, what I said. It's not your fault. Even if it was, it's no excuse to hurt you." He kissed your lips. As soft as they were, it didn't feel as good as last night.

"Please, stay. Help me get him back." He begged. You chose to stay and think of a plan to get Harry.
"Jay. This will take a long time. You need to make sure nothing goes wrong. You need to mature and let them see he's better with you." He nodded, understanding the process.

Jamie decided to start everything the following day. Giving how stressful the day had been, he wanted to chill out to clear his mind.

You both laid on the bed, sharing a cigarette. The tv played in the background while you enjoyed each others company.

"Jay, can I ask you something?"
"Sure."
"Did you mean that kiss last night?"

You felt him take a deep breath in, preparing his answer. "Honestly... yeah and no." You sat up, wondering what he meant. "I like you, Y/N. I'm not sure in what way myself but I like you."

"Do you think it's because of everything that's going on, you're unsure of your feelings?" You asked.
"I'm not sure. But I'll let you know when I am."