Mistletoe | Eddie Munson

Christmas, your favourite time of the year. The cold, dark nights, the snow, having hot chocolates. The perfect season for cuddling on the sofa with blankets. It was your second Christmas with Eddie.

As many people thought he was a freak, to you, he was a big softie. He wanted to do thing with you that they do in romantic Christmas movies. Your parents were away one weekend and you invited Eddie to stay over. Your family were somewhat rich, so your family home had a fireplace, instead of a cheap one.

Your parents kindly accepted Eddie as your boyfriend, even if he wasn't like them. As long as he treated you well, they didn't care.

Friday, after school, Eddie drove you to his place so he can grab some clothes for the weekend, before driving to your home.

"Eddie, please drive safe. The snow and ice is making me nervous when it's mixed with your driving." You nervously chuckled. "Don't worry, I know what I'm doing, sweetheart." You politely smiled before grabbing on for dear life.

He turned onto your street and the relief you felt as the van came to a slow halt. "Let's start the weekend." He said, all excited. He picked up his bag and caught up with you as you went to unlock the door.

"Wow, your parents really go all out at Christmas, huh?" He looked around, stunned by the decorations, lights and Christmas tree. "What can I say, we love this time of year. It's...romantic."  

Eddie raised his brows. "Romantic?" He copied your words. "As in, those movies where the husband and wife roast chestnuts and cuddle on the sofa?" He added on. "Yeah, something I've dreamed of doing." You admitted to him.

He placed his bag down and took hold of your hand, spinning you into him, making you laugh. "Well, there's a little Christmas market, near town, we could go see if they have chestnuts that we can roast. Maybe stop by at Family Video and pick a movie to rent."

Your eyes met with his. "Ok." You were mesmerised by his hypnotic stare that you couldn't get out of. You followed his eyes as they looked down at your lips then back to your eyes. He leaned in closer until your lips touched his.

"Let's go then, princess."

You got back in his van as he drove to the little market he mentioned. It looks so festive. Christmas songs played, the smell of hot chocolates, eggnog and roasted chestnuts in the air.

"Eddie this is amazing!" Your face lit up with excitement as he helped you out the van. "Let's go find chestnuts then, doll." He linked his hand with yours.

You both gained a few stares as the town knew him as the freak, and you, the freaks' girlfriend. He was wearing his hellfire top which didn't help but neither of you cared. You were there to have a good time.

You check out all the stalls, drank some eggnog and danced around to Christmas songs. Eddie messed around with people by tapping them on their shoulders and acting like it wasn't him as they turned around.

Hawkins Post were taking photos for their newspaper article about the market. "C'mon Eddie. I wanna see us in the paper so I can keep the photo." You gave him puppy eyes. "Fine."

You headed over to the line and waited your turn. "Alright, do a nice pose for the camera." The person shouted to you both. Eddie thought of a great pose. He grabbed hold of your waist and leaned you back, as if he was going to kiss you, like they do in the movies. The photographer captured the photo. It captured you smiling big as Eddie did the same.

"Alright love birds, you'll see that in the papers." The man waved you two off. Next to the stall of chestnuts was a wreath stall. Off to the side, they had mistletoe hanging, which you didn't notice, but Eddie did.

"Y/N, shall we rest here for a bit?" Eddie guided you over to the spot. "Sure. We'll get the chestnuts soon then go back home. It's getting colder and darker." 

A couple minutes went by and Eddie pulled you in closer. "Look up, sweetheart." He whispered. You did as he asked and saw the mistletoe. "It's tradition." He winked. He glared into your eyes a little longer, then proceeded to place his lips onto yours. Somehow, he made the kiss seem special. All the butterflies released around your body. It was everything you dreamed of.

You could taste the eggnog on his lips and the most recent cigarette he smoked. He had one hand around your waist, and the other behind your neck. It wasn't a forceful kiss. He felt the love also that you did. At that specific moment, fireworks went off around the market. You both broke away from the kiss to look up at the pretty colours lighting the night sky.

"Well that's a perfect end to the kiss." You said. "I want another, for good luck." He chuckled. You kissed again, then went to buy the chestnuts.

Your heart was overfilled with love. Something about tonight made you fall more in love with him, as if it were possible. On the journey home, his hand was always touching you. No matter what part of your body. "Thank you for this evening, Eddie."
"No need to thank me, I've enjoyed my time with you." He lifted your hand to his lips and kissed it.

Arriving home, Eddie got the fire started. Your parents were quite traditional and already had the equipment for roasting chestnuts. Eddie took control over it as he didn't want you burning yourself.

You took yourself upstairs and changed into your cosy pyjamas with fuzzy slippers and came back downstairs. The chestnuts were almost ready so you decided to put on a film. You grabbed snacks from the cupboards and presented them neatly on the little table.

"Doesn't it smell amazing in here?" Eddie asked. "It does now, Ed." Once the nuts were roasted, Eddie took them away and finished them off. He took his bag upstairs and got himself dressed and joined you on the sofa. The movie was ready and now, so were the both of you.

Christmas had never felt more perfect.