13 ✔️ beach babes and bubbly blondes

⚠️ TW: Mentions of ED ⚠️

Why does life have to be so damn hard?

I was having fun getting to know Levi, whom I really like, and then BOOM!

HURRICANE ELIJAH DECIDED TO FUCK UP MY LIFE!

"Oh good, you're here!" My mom's happy voice immediately snaps me out of my thoughts.

I quickly shake away any thoughts of Elijah and put a smile on my face.

"Hello to you too, mother."

"I have great news! I spoke to Michael and he wants you to walk for his show this Saturday!" She beams.

"Oh."

Her smile immediately drops.

"Is that a problem?" She asks.

"No! Well- it's just- we talked about how I would only do a few shoots while I was back home, no runways."

"Adeline! Michael is a family friend! I am not letting you ruin this for him just because you don't feel like doing your job!" She scoffs.

"You're right, sorry mom," I mumble.

"Good...sweetheart you should really watch what you're eating, I can see some chubs." She says as she points to the skin above my jeans.

I look down at my sandwich and immediately push it away.

She nods in approval before walking off and taking another call.

Suddenly I hear someone walk down the stairs and look up to find my brother.

"You okay?" He asks.

"Yeah."

"You don't sound okay."

"I'm fine Ambrose."

"You really need to stop letting her talk to you like that."

"Like what?"

"Adie..."

"Look Ambrose, I appreciate the concern but she's my manager and she's just trying to do what's best for my career."

"Yeah but she's also your mother and she should be doing what's best for you, not your career."

His words feel like bullets because I know he's right.

But I guess I've just gotten so used to her doing this, it just doesn't phase me as much as it used to.

I've been modeling since I was a kid and as much as I love it, I also feel like it's gonna kill me.

I spent a whole year in Paris to learn more about fashion and modeling and it's fucking insane what models do to stay healthy and energetic.

One time I went to the bathroom before one of my shows and I found one of my coworkers passed out with a line of coke next to her face.