40 ✔️ the big break

Everything is off

Everything is off.

Nothing feels right anymore.

It just feels...empty.

As soon as Levi left, we all gathered into Ro's car and drove home in silence.

Indie was crying the entire drive back.

Most of us were.

Indie's family is out of town and I offered for her to stay with Ambrose and me at my house.

She's been locked up in the guest room for hours now and we're both starting to get concerned.

"Indie?" Ambrose calls out as we knock on the door.

No reply.

"Indie!" I called out.

No reply.

I reach above the door frame and grab the little tool to unlock the door and as soon as I hear the clicking noise, we walk in.

"Indie..." I say hesitantly.

We both freeze when we see her buried under the covers while sniffling.

She slowly turns over to look at us before turning away.

My heart is fucking broken for her.

I can't even imagine what she's going through.

If this were Ambrose and I in her situation, I wouldn't be able to take it.

But the fact that she was the one who pushed him to go follow his dreams makes her stronger than a lot of people.

I make my way to the other side of the bed before crawling under the covers next to her.

"Hi," I whisper.

"Hi." She mumbles.

"How are you feeling?" I ask.

"That was a dumb question, babe," Ambrose says as he takes a seat next to me.

I send him a glare and he puts his hands up in defense.

"I didn't think it would be this hard." She admits.

"I know, but like he said, a year will go by faster than you think." I try to reassure her.

"Yeah..."

I pull her in for a hug and she lays her head on my shoulder.

It's obviously gonna take her a long time to get over this, but she'll be okay.

They'll both be okay.

Their love for each other is so strong, they'll be able to pick up right where they left off as soon as he gets back.

Plus, they can still call, text, and FaceTime.

I know it's not the same though.

"Come downstairs, you need to eat something," Ambrose says.