43 ✔️ broken families

"Are you sure you don't want me to go in with you?" Emmy asks

"I'm sure. I'll call you later."

"You better! And let me know how it goes." She says.

"I will." I lean over the center console before giving her a quick peck.

She sends me one last wave before driving off and I make my way into my house.

Nope, my own personal hell.

As soon as I walk in, I hear arguing coming from the living room.

No fucking surprise there.

I was about to walk up to my room but decided to walk into the war zone instead.

My parents are yelling at each other.

My mom is screaming at my dad while waving a bottle of wine in the air like a fucking mad woman while my dad ignores her by scrolling through random channels on the tv.

"ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME?!" My mom snaps.

"HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU I'M SORRY!"

"YOU CAN SAY IT AS MUCH AS YOU WANT BUT WE BOTH KNOW YOU DON'T MEAN IT"

"FOR FUCK'S SAKE! OF COURSE, I DON'T MEAN IT! DO YOU FUCKING KNOW HOW DRAINING IT IS BEING WITH SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T SHOW YOU ANY FUCKING LOVE?!" My dad yells.

"You're kidding, right?" My mom bitterly chuckles.

"No, I'm not fucking kidding Rachel!"

"Screw you!" My mom screams as she throws the wine bottle at the wall, almost hitting me.

Her eyes widen as she sees me and my dad quickly turns around to see what my mom is looking at.

"Ro..." My mom sighs.

"I'm sick of this shit," I mumble.

"What did you say?" My parents asked.

"I said I'm sick of this shit!" I yell.

"This has nothing to do with you Rhodes, go up to your room." My dad says.

"No! Let our son talk, Garret!" My mom says while glaring at him.

I immediately walk over to where they are and grab the fucking remote from my dad's hands before turning off the tv.

"Sit down Mom."

"Ro-"

"SIT DOWN!" I snap.

My mom lets out a huff before taking a seat on the opposite end of the couch, away from my father.

"Rhodes! What is the meaning of this?" My dad asks.

"You two need to stop fighting! I don't think you fucking realize how draining it is coming home every single fucking day just to find you two screaming at each other!"