22 ✔️ carnival kisses

"How did you manage to mess up a flower!" I snort

"I told you I suck at art." Landon groans.

"Just watch me again," I tell him as I begin drawing the rose again.

"I'm not a visual learner, I'm gonna need a more... hands-on approach." He smirks.

I laugh before taking his hand and helping him draw the flower.

I know he's not paying attention, I can feel his eyes all over me.

"You did it!" I cheer.

"More like you did it...again."

"Same thing."

This is how all our tutoring sessions go.

We head to his house after school, study for an hour, take a break to draw, study some more, then watch TV.

I've lost count of how many shows I've made him watch with me.

We're about to start the new season of Outer Banks.

The last two weeks have been...different.

After all the shit that went down with Levi, I was super upset and pissed but then a blonde soccer player with the cutest dimples walked into my life and it's like any thoughts of Levi vanished.

Levi and I haven't talked much, especially now that I'm spending more time with Landon.

But he can't be mad because he said he wanted to try things with Adeline yet I haven't seen him with her at all.

"Indie? Are you okay?" Landon asks, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Wha- oh, yeah! I was just thinking about something."

"Well do share, I want to know what's going on in that big head of yours."

I gasp and shove him while he laughs.

"My head is not big!"

"It's slightly larger than average."

"Shut up!"

He falls back on the bed, laughing his ass off.

I feel my phone vibrate and I look down at it to find a text from Emmy.

EmEm: Hey! I'm buying tickets to the carnival for everyone, should I get one for Landon? 😏

I'll ask him right now.

"Hey, what are you doing tomorrow night?" I ask.

"Look at you Indie, already wanting to hang out with me again." He teases.

"My friends and I are going to the carnival tomorrow night and I was wondering if you wanted to come with us."

His face slightly drops and I look at him with a raised brow.