Start line

One week later

One week later

"ONE WEEK! IT'S ALREADY PASSED A WHOLE WEEK! NO LETTER ARRIVED. NOTHING. I'M FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW!"

Lenora never heard of Izuku being that nervous before.

"Don't scream in my ear! It's tuning to be a call with Katsuki!"

Len took the wooden spoon and shoved it in the soup, testing it. She hummed, happily, squashing her phone between the ear and the shoulder so her hands were both free.

She heard Izuku take some deep breaths, "I'm sorry I'm just...I think I failed, Len. I think I failed badly."

Lenora took a kitchen towel, using it to grab the pot without burning herself, "Well, if you failed that means I failed too. At least we can cry together in front of a k-drama with strawberry ice cream."

Izuku gasped, "Eh? Neither your letter arrived?"

Lenora shook her head, "Nope, nothing heard from the U.A. too," she placed the pot on the dinner table above a trivet, "maybe we're too cool for them!", she tried to cheer him up, even if she was upset too.

Lenora really thought she did it despite wasting her last minutes fighting that stupid useless robot, but after one week of no news...well, she was getting hopeless.

She heard Izuku chuckle, even if it sounded more like a forced one, "Yeah, maybe...", he made a little pause before speaking again, "...mom is calling me for dinner, I should go now!"

Lenora smiled, drying her hands with the towel which was tossed on the counter right after. She picked up her phone with her hand.

"Enjoy your dinner and don't stress too much about the U.A., alright?"

"I'll try. Say hi to your grannies."

"Sure, say hi to your mom!"

"Bye Len!"

"Bye-bye, Izuku!"

He was the one who hung up first, leaving Lenora sighing.

"He sounded gloomy", Tadashi commented, making his way to his chair at the table.

Lenora turned, placing herself above the counter, her legs swinging and her monster-shaped slippers almost falling from her feet.

"It's about the U.A.," she took three glasses from the highest shelf, making a little jump to return to the ground, "he's starting to think he failed the exam and I'm starting to think that mine went shitty too", she whispered the word 'shitty' so Mariko wouldn't hear her.