The rain

Katsuki hated the rain

It was cold, the grey clouds made him gloomy and the worst of it was the water hitting his skin, drenching him completely.

He deserved that weather that day.

He deserved the rain while standing in front of Deku, all his friends behind his back, supporting him from behind.

They spent almost a month to find Midoriya, and the day before Bakugou's birthday, they finally stopped the boy, fighting against him and yelling everything they thought of him. Everyone did that, except Katsuki, who was panting, his heart racing in his chest, afraid to speak his truth.

He wanted to run away, but he knew that doing that would be the last straw and they would probably lose Deku forever.

It was his time to convince the boy to come back.

"Do you what I told you when Shigaraki stabbed me?"

Izuku loved the rain.

The sky looked pretty with the big dark cloud navigating inside it, the best part was dancing in the rain, maybe with someone you love. He did that with Len a lot when they were kids.

He didn't deserve that weather that day.

He didn't deserve such lovely weather while his friends were heartbreakingly telling him to go home with them and smile together again.

Katsuki's hair was down on his forehead, so long they almost covered his eyes. Izuku knew how much he disliked the rain, so he felt bad to let him talk under the water.

He wanted to run away but couldn't stop his heart from being curious.

"I don't...remember...", he sincerely replied.

"'Don't go playing heroes by yourself.' After yelling that out my body moved on its own, and I was impaled. Yet I knew that I had to tell those words," the rain was sliding down his face, entering his mouth, nose, and eyes, "I always looked down on you. Just because your quirkless. You were always far away behind me, yet...I felt that you were somehow miles ahead of me."

Izuku was sure he stopped breathing.

Katsuki's eyes lowered, "I hated that. I didn't want to feel like that. I didn't want to recognize that. It's why I grew so distant from you and always tried to beat you down, I opposed you and tried to show my superiority, but I always lost," they both felt like they were middle children again and then middle schoolers, "after entering U.A. absolutely nothing went as I thought it would. I spent all my days trying to figure out your strengths and weaknesses," now they were both sixteen, heroes in training, "it probably doesn't mean anything telling you all this, but that's what I think," Katsuki raised his head, pointing his eyes straight on Izuku's, "Izuku, I'm sorry for everything I've done up until now."

Izuku felt a lump growing in his throat.

"The path you took as the successor of One For All is exactly what All Might did. Your choices weren't misguided at all," Katsuki kept talking, "but as you know you can barely stand on your own. Your ideals alone can only take you so far. If you ever encounter a road bump, you can always count on us for help. To surpass All Might, your ideal hero. To win our bet. We would all have to protect U.A. and the civilians in there together. It's the only way."