Chapter Thirty-Five: Karma

And thus Traveller gets to meet a special soul again, this time awake. Thank you philippaki for allowing both of us to play in each others verses together.

The sounds of a fire crackling in a campfire filled the air, with the smell of simmering soup filling the air. Traveller hummed happily stirring the pot of food, he was taking a break between multiverses right now.

He was on one of the many islands that seemed to float there, most were barren but he'd found a nice one with a small lake and trees surrounding it. He'd even set up a tent, he'd gotten it from one of the weirder crossover multiverses that was bigger in the inside.

A Hairy Potner?

Well whatever, probably wasn't important.

It was then that he felt a tugging sensation on his magic.

"Huh.." he said confused.

Concentrating, he frowned as whatever was tugging seemed to be coming towards him.. from one of his gifts?

"Karma?" Traveller worriedly said as he felt the magic linked to the gift, he reached out and allowed the pin to take more his magic and moments later an unconscious form settled into his arms. They looked exhausted, and in need of a bath... and for a lot of preening.

Carefully he brought the other child into his tent and placed him on his bed, cleaning his up as best he could while he was unconscious.

"The soup!" he cried running back outside, he rescued the soup in time and snuffed out the campfire deciding he'd just use the magical kitchen within then tent.

A bit later he was back to Karma and soup in a mug, the child's magic was much too exhausted. He placed the mug down briefly and adjusted Karma's form, then tilting the eternal child's head and carefully fed some of the soup to him. Thankfully Karma drank it, but didn't wake.

"Just how mentally and soulfully exhausted was he, for the pin to force him to me?" Traveller mused worriedly.

This continued on day after day, carefully feeding and caring for Karma and cleaning him better. Slowly the shadows under his eye sockets vanished, and his breathing became better as his body struggled less to provide what it needed. Traveller carefully kept a bit of magic going towards Karma, as he had yet to adjust properly to create his own magic. Hopefully soon, as depending on randoms as he travelled could not be healthy and confusing on the body.

It was almost a shock, when almost three weeks later Karma started to stir from his almost comatose state.

Traveller sat down on the chair next to the bed, it was far enough away it wouldn't frighten Karma.

A small moan left the child as they wiggled to a new position, clearly stiff from not moving so long. Bleary eye lights stared around, not really seeing anything.

"Karma.. are you awake enough to hear me?" Traveller asked softly.

"Pretty..." Karma managed to say, staring at Traveller's rainbow like wings as his eyes started to focus.

Then his eyes dropped close, as a more natural state of sleep claimed him.

"Well... its a start."

------

The first thing he knew something was wrong, was when Karma tensed and whines his bones rattling in fear.

He felt his soul plummet, hoping things hadn't taken a turn for the worse.

Then.. apparently get sidetracked by his wings, staring at there rainbow coloration.

"Karma... can you hear me?" Traveller asked gently, as Karma was already frightened.