Chapter Forty-Two: Memories of Yesterday Part Two

"Nix! Nix! Where are you going?!...they are way too fast. I hope they are okay"

Karma had barely managed to catch himself on a nearby wall, after a blinding flash of light and now Nix had run off in this strange place. There was no way he could catch up to them, as he was struggling to even stay standing!..Could today get any worse?

Dad was going to be so upset he wasn't in the AntiVoid, as he had promised to stay put but this so wasn't his fault. He hadn't touched his magic in ages, so how had he ended up here?!

"Karma, are you alright?" Traveller called running over, Nix at his heals.

"I'm fine, dad! You need to stop worrying so....."

Karmas voice trailed off when he saw who spoke, looking at the new monster in suspicion. His wings bristled when he saw them move, bones beginning to rattle in fear due to the situation he had found himself in.

"...Your not dad"

He accused, trying to keep any fear out of his voice but truly terrified of how he got here. Was this a 'kidnapping' that his dad warned him about? He heard Nix loudly meow, distracting him from his spiraling thoughts. He glanced down at them, seeing them calmly sit by the new monster, making him feel unbalanced. Nix barely went near dad, so why was this monster different?

Making sure to keep an eye on the monster, he cautiously leaned most of his weight on the wall, twitching at how he squished his wings but relieved to no longer be standing up. He was tired and in pain but not enough to let his guard down fully, otherwise the floor would have been his preferred option.

"Hello. Sorry for intruding, I seem to have gotten lost"

Karma quietly spoke, trying to be as polite as possible. He was placing his trust in Nix, of them not purposely leading danger towards him but he was still rather unhappy about being here.

"No I'm not.. you forget this place again I see," Traveller sighed, the loss was worse this time and his soul felt like it was breaking at that fear.

Fear from karma! They truly we're running out of time.

"Did you need food again or magic supplements, Nix was suppose to make sure you took them since your father didn't seem to have the right type of magic?" Traveller asked carefully, leaning down and scratching Nix behind there ears.

Karma took a moment to process their question, looking at Nix in realization. So that's what those pills had been for! He had been so confused when they kept meowing at him until he took some.

"I'm good on food , thank you. Dad already fed me a SOUL recently. The supplements might be an issue though"

He had no clue how many pills he had left, as he could no longer open his Inventory, to his supreme annoyance. Dad had reminded him that this type of magic could be rather difficult to master, so hopefully it would get easier as he practiced more.

He flinched at a sudden pain around his neck and frowned when he realized he had been scratching himself. Bringing his hand down he stared at his magic now staining it, baffled why he had done this. At least it wasn't bone marrow but still not great. Maybe his dad was right in worrying, he must be getting sick again.

Traveller internally winced at mention of a soul, 404 clearly knew nothing of child monsters.
His poor baby brother, his soul child.

"Why don't you come inside Karma, you can have your hot chocolate and some supplements," Traveller told him smiling, as if this was a totally normal thing Karma always did. "And you can take a bath to get clean, your father needs to remember babybones need baths."