-SIX-

Walking up to the glass, Namjoon just shook his head, as a smirk spread across his face.

"How's Eunwoo?" It was the only thing I had been obsessing about.

"He's fine. The infection is gone and now he's back to leaving toxic bombs in his diaper," he said, and I felt slightly lighter. "Oh, and by the way, I fucking hate you man."

"Nice to see your pale face too," I muttered into the phone.

"Only you could buff up and turn a profit while being in jail. I checked our funds, and for a second I was baffled. So again, I fucking hate you man." He sat up on to edge of his seat grinning. His hair was a little shorter and darker but he still looked like the same old Namjoon.

"What else am I supposed to do with my time?"

He shrugged. "Well, I'm glad you aren't coming home sickly and depressed. Seems like the world is going crazy without you running it."

"How is the family business going?" With my luck, he and Jin had probably burned everything to the ground.

"Stable-ish."

"What the fuck does that mean?"

"It means we're walking on thin ice. For now, everything is fine. We go day by day. Everyone is a ticking time bomb."

"And you?"

"That includes me." He frowned and I wondered if he was holding back.

"I—"

"Mr. Kim, you have a few more minutes," the guard behind me said.

Turning to him, I raised an eyebrow causing him to just look away while his hands shook slightly.

"Jesus Christ, it's like high school all over again," Namjoon snickered, as he stared at the guard wide-eyed before returning his attention to me.

He was right though. "It's exactly like high school. Take out the weak links, break the leader, and the next thing you know, your table is the popular one."

"I'll never forget that slide show you played during class that exposed everyone's dirty little secrets."

"I'm surprised you could see it through your emo hair," I laughed at both him and at my twelve-year-old self. I thought I was so badass, but it was the best revenge I could think of short of actually hurting anyone.

"Ahh, God." His hands went to his face. "I'd forgotten about my two years as a Cyclops. Dark times."

"Mom hated your hair so much, she'd always try to brush it out of your face."