-SEVENTY TWO-

"Mr. Doeun, I thought you would have been on a plane by now." I extended my hand towards him, but he did not take it. Instead, he looked around the Oval Office as if he were picking out something he wanted to take with him.

He ran his hand over the blue vase and then checked for dust. "How are you liking your office, Mr. President?" he asked as he moved to the couches and took a seat. Undoing his jacket button, he crossed his legs and faced me.

"It's growing on me."

He nodded before he got back up. "Well, it was nice speaking with you."

"Wait, you came all this way to ask me how I'm liking the Oval Office?" Of all the things we should have been discussing right about now, that had to have been the lowest on the list.

He paused. "No. I simply wanted to see the monkey dressed in a suit who thought he could give me orders."

"Excuse me?" He had crossed the line. "It's time you fell in line—"

"Or what? You'll call your sugar-daddies on me?" he snickered. "This house, hell this damn country, may be under the impression that you run things, but we both know that you are not even capable of thinking for yourself. You aren't going to fire me, and not because you do not want to give into terrorists but because you've been ordered not to. You are a monkey in suit who does not deserve this office and the trust of the people who serve you. I have dedicated my life to ensuring that the filth remains on the street and out of this house, out of this government, yet here you are, swimming in it and stinking up the place. I'm going to destroy your people, and then you're going to fade away as the worst president in history. I only came here today to get the mental before-picture."

Enough. I'd had enough of these goddamn people talking to me as though I were a fucking child.

"I am the President of the goddamn country and you work for me, Director Doeun. Whatever war you started with the Kims need to end. Kiss the damn ring and move on. People are dying—"

"I do not give a damn about the people," he said emotionlessly. "I care about order, about balance, about the damn republic. Y/N and Kim Taehyung are not gods. They are human, humans who should not be able to have the world turning at their feet. Somehow these young, reckless, hubris children have gone from selling crack off the streets to having the President of Korea in their back pocket. You think I started a war? A war was going to come no matter what. The Kims won't stop; they do not understand their place in the world, and the stronger they become, the more they forget that they too can bleed. A lesson I have just now started to impart on you."

It clicked in my mind so quickly that my face dropped in shock.

"You killed Kim Minho."

Again, he looked unfazed. It was as though the man had no emotion within him at all. I was staring at a shell of a man...at a dark figure...at death.

"I'm restoring order, and I shall not stop until they are gone...down to that little half-cast child of theirs." Moving over to the vase again, he picked it up and allowed it shatter against the floor.