-TWELVE-

"Mr. Kim, as it appears that the premise of this case is obviously compromised and no longer needs to be presided over, it will be dropped, pending investigation. You and your family are not allowed to leave the state until we meet for another hearing. Do you understand me? Bailiffs, please escort the jury and anyone who is not family out of the courtroom."

I turned my attention to the back of the room. They were all trying to talk to her. All of them were screaming her name or shouting out questions. But she ignored them. She just held on to Eunwoo, and wrapped her arms around our son who seemed completely at ease. It was as if she were just another person holding him. No one significant.

I hadn't even realized that I was walking until I could smell her. She smelled the same, but different at the same time. Her scent had a different effect on me than it used to. She smelled of relief, yet at the same time, the possibility of drowning in the torrential rains that she'd brought with her lingered.

Please do not let this be a dream.

I opened my mouth to speak, but someone else beat me to it.

"Where the hell have you been?" my mother yelled, as she wiped the tears from the corner of her eyes.

She looked up, and once again choco met brown. But I couldn't go any closer. I just couldn't. I felt as though I was being torn; part of me wanted to slap her, and the other part just wanted to hold her, to hold her and my son forever.

Y/N'S POV

All of them looked at me with some form of confusion and anger in their eyes, even Taehyung. He seemed to be permanently fixed in his spot between Jin and his father. There was so much I wanted to say, to tell him, but I couldn't, not now anyways.

Eunwoo fussed as the phone dropped from his chubby fingers and onto the seat, and as I reached down to get it, Jisoo immediately reached for Eunwoo.

"Y/N, be careful, he just ate. He should be going down for a nap anyway." Jisoo reached for him, but I gave her a look that clearly stated she needed to back the fuck off, now.

I reached over to give Eunha her phone. At the same time Eunwoo tried to grab it from my hands, but Jisoo snatched it from my grasp.

"It needs to be wiped down for germs. Seriously, Y/N, give him to me so he can rest. This is madness, you can't just come back and take over—"

"I did and I am. I've got him, Jisoo. Today of all days is not one to test me," I told her as I pulled Eunwoo to my chest. I reached into my pocket to get my phone and give it to him. The moment he had it, he clapped his hands against it.

"Oh look, you do have a phone. Care to explain why the fuck you haven't used it?" Evelyn snapped at me again.

She looked as if she needed to be put down for a nap as well.

"I just got it today," I told her, trying to get used to the feeling of him in my arms again. He felt so much heavier, but he still smelled the same.

"Y/N, this isn't a game! Where have you been? Jin and I spent millions looking for you. We sent men all over the fucking globe," Namjoon stepped up.