-SIXTY FIVE-

"Evelyn, come on," Y/N whispered, but she refused to move. With a sigh, Y/N pulled out a needle and stuck it in her neck. I went to help, but Y/N shook her head before she wrapped my mother's arm over her shoulder and moved towards the door.

"I don't understand. What's wrong with her? What's going on? I haven't seen anyone in days. Not that I want to see anyone in this stupid fucking family. No one has anyone given me anything to eat—"

Something inside of me snapped. My hands were around her neck before my mind even made a conscious decision to move. I gripped her neck as tightly as I could.

"My father is dead and you're upset because someone didn't give you snack?" I asked her, feeling surprisingly calm as she struggled against me. Her nails scratched my arms as tears flooded her bloodshot eyes. Instead of the absolute dread I envisioned feeling when this day came, an unnatural calm took over my entire being. I felt nothing but an urge to rid the earth of this disgusting virus I'd blindly inflicted upon my family.

"Jin...this...not...like...you..." she choked out.

"You don't know me," I said, surprising myself once again with how unaffected I felt. Pushing as hard as I could onto her neck, I felt something snap, not within me as I was used to when dealing her, but I literally felt and heard the harsh and sickening snap as her windpipe finally collapsed under the pressure of my grip and she stopped fighting. Her body went limp and I stared into her cold, empty eyes. There was hardly a difference now than there was last week.

That was it.

She was gone.

Just like that, nothing fancy, not by Taehyung's or Y/N's hands, but by my own. And I didn't regret it. I felt absolutely no remorse as I looked at her already cooling carcass.

"I'll handle this, Jin, now go to your mother," Y/N said from behind me. "She'll awaken at any moment, and right now she needs one of her sons."

I gave Jisoo one more look before getting up.

Y/N grabbed my arm before I could leave the room. "We will have our revenge, I swear it, Jin."

I'm wasn't sure how to reply as my heart tried to escape by way of my throat once more. Heading to my parents' room, I walked up the stairs and it was as if someone was physically trying to pull me back. Perhaps it was Jisoo's demented soul. Or maybe I was just damned.

Walking into the room, I stared at my mother as she gripped onto what I guessed was my father's pillow. It seemed as though she was trying soak up whatever essence he'd left behind. Taking a seat at the side of the bed, I didn't even try to stop the flow tears.

What happens now?

TAEHYUNG'S POV

PAST

He punched me so hard that I spun around once before hitting the ground. Dazed, I lay there for a moment before I manage to get up and pull off my boxing helmet.