-SEVENTY ONE-

"Did he write you one?"

"Yes. But I'm not ready to read it yet." She smiled sadly before grabbing another batch of photos.

"Will you read this one with me?"

She shook her head and kissed my cheek. "Go read it with your wife and son, Tae."

"Mom, can you promise me that you won't—"

"Kill myself?" She raised an eyebrow at me and frowned. "I couldn't, even if I wanted to. Your father made me promise that I would never do it no matter how bad I felt...what an asshole."

The tears built in her eyes again. "He will probably say that again in his letter and with my luck, I'm going to make it until I'm hundred and two."

Kissing her temple, I pulled her into a one-armed hug. "Eunwoo's going to need his grandmother. He has no other grandparents left...no pressure."

She laughed and squeezed me back before letting me go. "Okay, go. I don't want to break down again right now."

She wiped her tears and went back to looking at her photos.

"I love you so much, Eomma," I told her when I stood up.

"I know. I love you too," she replied as I moved to the front door.

Stepping out, I closed the door and came across two maids.

"Have someone listen in on her every hour until the lights are off or you no longer hear anything, then check on her," I directed.

I trusted my mother, just not in this state, and I wasn't burying her too. She could be pissed off at me if she wanted, but I would rather be safe than sorry.

Heading to my room, I entered in time to watch Y/N feeding Eunwoo his applesauce while she listened to the news. She had changed into one of my shirts and looked absolutely beautiful.

"Hey." She smiled at me as Eunwoo stretched to take a bite of the applesauce. Moving to them, I took a seat beside her.

"Can you read this while I finish feeding him?"

She nodded as we exchanged; the applesauce for the letter.

"What is it?" she asked while opening it.

"A letter from my father," I said, smiling at Eunwoo.

She said nothing else as she pulled the folded sheet of paper out of its envelope.

"Taehyung, if you've killed me I'm going to haunt for the rest of your life."

I laughed. Of course he would start off like that. "Ass."