-THIRTY-

"One..." He began.

"Two..." I countered, and on three, we both spoke.

"Jin."

"Jisoo."

We both paused.

"Why Jisoo?" he asked me, and all I could do was look at him with my eyebrow raised. However, he shook his head. "She's jealous and spoiled, but I doubt she has the skills to pull anything this elaborate off."

That was true, but..."Maybe if it was just Jisoo alone. But Doeun could be protecting her."

"But Jisoo is adamantly against our lifestyle. We're 'evil,' remember? Sadistic even, according to her," he mocked as we stopped at the light.

"You know what I think is sadistic? People know who we are and what we do. But yet they still lie, cheat, and steal from us, thinking that there will be no repercussions. Somehow we're the depraved ones in their fucked logic. Don't cross the mob and you get to live. How many more mafia movies does Robert De Niro have to be in before people get that?"

He looked at me before he broke out into a fit of laughter.

"Look, I'm not a hundred percent sure about Jisoo, but my instincts tell me to not trust her. Why do you believe it's Jin?" I asked him.

"He's my older brother," Taehyung replied as if that was reason enough. But then again that was enough. I wasn't sure if anything could have ever cleansed the bad blood between them, but at the end of the day, Jin was still his brother.

"Do you think they're in it together?" Though I wondered how either of them could possibly keep such a thing from each other.

Taehyung thought for a moment and then sighed as his phone went off. Reaching for it, he quickly read through the text and smirked.

"What is it?"

"The White House chief of staff is wondering if we had time to come to pay a visit late next week for an award ceremony and dinner dedicated to our service. It's perfect. Let's leave tomorrow."

What?

"Tomorrow? Why in the hell would we do that?" I'd just gotten back.

"We're at war, Y/N. We've taken things slow to repair as much as possible" He smiled before sitting up. "But it's time we stopped fighting in our own backyard and go into Doeun's. He's been separating his criminal life from his professional, so now we're going to collide them both and watch it burn."

"I'm not a pyromaniac, but you just might be," I said, as I turned into the city. "Fine. But I do want the whole family to come along as well. If only to keep an eye on them."

"Eunha and Namjoon will have to stay behind. There's a void in dealers with Rowoon gone. Someone else will try to push their luck and step up, I'd rather keep them all on a very short leash," he reminded me.