-SEVEN-

I heard him sit up. "You serious? How the hell are you gonna help me if you got your own shit to fix?"

"Do we have a deal?" I rolled my eyes not quite sure why I was helping this brat.

"Yea. Yes. Imma try my best."

He was going to need to do better than his best.

"Kim." The officer knocked on the door.

Finally.

Turning my back to him, he placed the cuffs on through the door.

"Open Cell D2344," the guard called.

"Wait, what about your books?" Xiumin asked.

My mother had brought them for me to stay sane. Sadly, I had finished them all in the first week.

"Take them. Start fixing yourself," I told him as I stepped out into the hall.

All around me people began to pound on their doors, yelling my name with pride. With each step I took, it became louder and louder.

They knew I wasn't coming back...not ever. All I had to do was make it through this trial.

________________________________________________________________________________

TAEHYUNG'S POV

"Do you understand, Mr. Kim?" my lawyer, Cha Desuk, asked me.

I pulled my gaze from my son for a moment. He was chewing on his own fist with not a care in the world as he sat in Eunha's lap. However, Jisoo held onto one his hands. I tried not to make my blatant disapproval of that known. The family knew how I felt about her, but now was not the time to harp on my preferences. I had him in my sights and that was all that mattered. He was like a magnet to my eyes, I couldn't keep them from him for more than a few seconds. He looked like a mini Mr. Clean in a suit; his bald head even had a glint.

"Mr. Kim?" Desuk asked again, and the army of lawyers all paused their shuffling to stare at me. "I know this can be quite daunting. But I will do everything in my power to get you out of here."

Everything in his power. If only he knew how worthless his power was to me.

"Don't smile or laugh because the jury will think I'm not taking the situation seriously. Don't be too serious or cold, because then they will think I'm heartless. Find a balance and set my face to it. Yes, I understand." I didn't know how that was humanly possible, but I understood.

Turning back to Eunwoo, Eunha took one of his chubby arms and made him wave at me. His choco eyes stared directly at me and he smiled so wide I couldn't help but smile back. I'm not sure if he knew who I was or if he was just a happy baby, either way, seeing him made life worth living again. Eunha grinned as well, then turned to face me and I shook my head at the black T-shirt she wore with my face on it. Namjoon must have loved that one. She looked healthier than the last time I saw her, but she still had a scarf on her head.