-NINE-

Her mouth dropped open and her eyes almost fell out of her head.

"I...I...No...I..."

"So you did not place your hand on Mr. Kim's arm and offer to do 'anything'?" he pushed.

She swallowed as she shook her head. "He may have misunderstood, I was trying to comfort him—"

"Instead of helping his wife," he cut her off.

"There were more than enough people working on her."

"Were you assigned to Mrs. Kim's case then?"

She sighed loudly. "No, I was in the wing when he came in—"

"So you approached him?"

"Yes."

"Did he seem distraught?"

"Yes, that's why I went to him!" she snapped quickly. "He looked like he was going to break down at any moment."

"Because he loved his wife and was worried?"

She stopped for a second and nodded. "Yes. I guess so."

"Dr. Lee, did Mr. Kim threaten anyone else at the hospital?"

Her head dropped as she stared at her hands. "No."

"These are Mrs. Kim's X-Rays taken after she lost her baby, correct?" Desuk clicked, and on to the screen x-rays of Y/N's chest, hand and legs appeared.

Dr. Lee looked slightly confused, as she leaned in to see before she nodded. "Yes, those are hers."

"And how do you know?"

"The old breaks in her left radius, right tibia, and long with the healed breaks in her proximal phalanx."

"Proximal phalanx?"

"Those are the bones in her hands."

"Yes, of course. And what about her rib cage?" he asked as he clicked to another picture.

"More of the same, healed breaks along fifth, sixth, and seventh ribs."

"How long ago was this?"

She shrugged. "I'm not a forensic anthropologist, but I would say anywhere between twelve to fourteen years ago for some of them."

"At which time Mr. Kim could not possibly have—"

"Objection! Beyond the scope!" the prosecutor yelled. "There is no way Dr. Lee can testify to that."

Are you fucking kidding me? She can say I scared her but she can't fucking testify using her bloody medical degree?

"Your Honor—"

"Sustained. Please keep it on the facts, Mr. Desuk," the judge stated, and I was torn between screaming and taking a bat to her little head.

Maybe both.

"Why would someone have those types of breaks, Dr. Lee? Could it possibly be that she was a fighter?"

"Objection—"

"No further questions, Your Honor," Desuk said as he walked back over to me. The good doctor quickly got off the stand, trying her best not to look at me.

"Your Honor, the defense would like to call to the stand Park Jimin," Desuk said reading from his paper.

I wasn't even aware that any of our men were in the room, but there he was, dressed in his Sunday best. It was odd how everyone seemed to look the same. I'd been away for five months, and the only two people who looked different were Eunwoo and myself.