-SEVENTY NINE-

Neither of us spoke. We went straight for her guns in her closet.

"Tae, call Eunha," Y/N said, and I froze as I was placing the magazine in.

"No," I told her. I knew what that meant, and I was not going to accept it.

"Fine, then I will," she said as she pulled out her phone.

"Y/N, we're going to get through this—"

"Do you know that for sure?" she snapped at me as she rose. "Because I don't. This isn't the way this was supposed to go down! We planned for every motherfucking bullshit asshole move he could have made! Everything but this! We have eleven hours, Tae—"

"Don't you think I know that? I saw the fucking clock, Y/N. I was there, but there has to be a way we get out of this. I will not accept that he is smarter than us! We will fight, or we will die. I thought that was the code we lived by!"

"It was, until we had a son!" she screamed at me as her face turned red and her whole body shook. "I know how hard it was growing up with one parent. You had them both, but Eunwoo will have nothing and no one. He will have to spend the rest of his life in hiding, and in shame. Excuse me for one moment while I deal with my goddamn human emotions that you were so hell bent on making me feel. Excuse me while I try to think if going out to fight is worth giving up the chance to run away with you and our son! Give me a goddamn moment, Taehyung!"

She pushed me out of the way already dialing.

"Eunha—Eunha shut up and listen to me damn it." She wiped a tear from her eye. "I want you, Evelyn, and Eunwoo all packed and ready to go in the next hour. Jinx will be there soon—No, just bring enough for a long flight to Canada, but not enough to weigh you guys down. You're running. I don't have enough time to explain, just get it done and make sure that no one stops you. Can I hear him for a moment?"

My head hung as I heard her voice crack when he must have gotten on the phone. Squatting down, I lowered the glock as she spoke.

"We're really going to have to teach you how to say 'Mama,'" she muttered into the phone

He must have said 'Dada' again, and I couldn't help but feel proud of him for that. Each time I heard it, I was surprised and ecstatic all over again. What if I never heard that again?

Run. We still have time to run. We would be ghosts by the time this hit the news.