-FORTY ONE-

"Mr. Kim said you would," another woman added, as she handed me a glass. I glared at the section Taehyung had disappeared into as the women led me into the dressing room and offered me a seat.

Do not make a scene. Do not kill.

"We're going to pull out some dresses, just let us know if anything catches your eye; nothing is off limits," bony hands said with a grin so wide that her face looked as though it was about to crack.

I wonder how much she's making on commission.

"How can I pick a dress if I have no idea where I'm wearing it to?" I asked them as I sipped my drink. The moment I did, I paused; it was my favorite wine.

How the hell did he plan all of this?

We had ten billion things to do, and he had me shopping.

"Don't worry, Mrs. Kim, your husband told us everything and all the choices will work perfectly for the night."

"He told you everything? Good. Where are we going?"

She giggled, not at all realizing how serious I was. "We can't tell you and you might as well stop asking because you won't get anything from us."

So you think.

Off the top of my head, I could think of at least six different ways to get her talking, four of which involved dismemberment of some sort.

My phone buzzed and I grabbed it to find a text from Taehyung.

"Be nice. Or have you lost your touch? The woman I married could fool angels into believing she was one of them."

He was taunting me, knowing full well that I would prove to him that nothing had changed. He'd been able to play me like a violin. Since when did he get to know me so well?

With a sigh I sat back and gave them a brilliant smile. "Fine. You win. Dazzle me."

"Great!" They clapped. "The first dress I have for you is a black and golden Hermès piece which is custom made, single piece in the world."

I look it over and frowned; "It's pretty, but I don't have the figure for it."

"Oh, Mrs. Kim, you're beautiful!" They gushed as I rolled my eyes.

There was nothing a woman liked more than making another woman feel better after she'd put herself down.

TAEHYUNG'S POV

I stepped out, and pulled on my sleeves as Y/N came in wearing a tight, revealing black dress with gold accessories. Her hair was down and curled, her make-up was done naturally, and her eyes shone. She was stunningly beautiful.

"You clean up nicely," she said to me as she walked forward.

I pulled her to me, and kissed her as hard as possible. In response, she wrapped her arms around my neck, and moaned.

"We have to go or you're going to make us late," I whispered, as I broke away from her hold.

"It's hard for me to keep track of time if I don't know where we're going."

"Patience is a virtue."

She leaned into me and kissed my lips. "Who ever said I was virtuous?"