twelve

On the second week in New York, I finally text Jack again after landing here. Hes honestly become a second thought in my mind. I dont find myself troubled by leaving him at the fountain anymore.

char
jackkkk
hiii

jackchamp💪
charlesss
hiiii

char
so its been two weeks

jackchamp💪
it has been two weeks

char
and ive thought about it
with the help of gigi

jackchamp💪
oh yeah, how is she. how are you?
I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS GIRL

char
JACQUELINE I HAVE TO FINISH MY STORY
ITS IMPORTANT

jackchamp 💪
OKAY YES, DO THAT

char
can we call?

jackchamp💪
oh my goodness woman
if you must

I roll my eyes and smile to myself as I dial his number. Ive missed him and his humor a lot.

He picks up, and instantly sings my name. "ChArLiE!!"

"Jack!" I laugh back.

"Hi, I miss you." He says quickly.

"I miss you too." My smile doesnt fall at all and my cheeks begin to hurt.

"Okay, story time." He says.

"Tea time." I make fun of him.

"Oh yeah, Im doing my hair, makeup, and my nails all at the same time." He makes fun of girls. Is that really what he thinks we do?

"Okay," I exhale a deep breath. "I want you to know that," I pause and laugh for a moment. "Before you kissed me, Ive been thinking about you in the same way. But also I want you to know that I need to take it really really slow. I push people away. I dont really let anyone get close to me because of the way I grew up and my relationships."

He sucks in a breath as well. I can hear his smile through the phone. "I will take it really really slow Char. Push me away." He laughs.

Jack is the sweetest person I know. No ones ever said that they would wait and let me lead something like this before.

But at the same time, I know that I can let him push me.

"Thank you Jack."

"Thank you Charlie." We both sit in silence after. Neither of us say anything, but just wait with each other. The smile doesnt leave my face the whole time.

"Jack, I have to go to work." I whisper finally.

"Okay, do your model thang." He says in a funny voice.

"Oh I will," I say back in the same voice. "We need to catch up later."

"We do, we do."

"But, I dont know when I will answer. Still being in New York I just want to think and stuff."

"Like I said Char, taking it slow. You go girl." I laugh at him.

"Okay bye Jack."

"Bye Charlie!"