thirty two

☆flashback☆

Jack's pov

"What would your perfect day be?" I ask Charlie. She sits across from me, at the dinner table. This is the first time we've ever done something like this. It is a day without Jenna.

We are at a fancy restaurant, and have been sitting here sipping on our mocktails and talking for the last thirty minutes since we finished our food.

She squints her eyes and purses her lips, thinking about it. She looks gorgeous tonight. Her hair is in a low, loose bun, and she is barely wearing any makeup. She is only wearing lip gloss and mascara. Charlie is wearing a black top and just glows in the low lighting.

"Um," She looks back up at me with her face settling. Her collarbone stick out as she takes a deep breath. "Probably going to do some art," I nod. Of course. "like gallery, or drawing. Ooh! Maybe pottery throwing. And then the beach. I love the beach."

"Me too." I say. 

"Uh, an aquarium. I love them. I don't know that's what I do."

I nod, taking note of what she is saying. I always take note of what people are saying. Maybe it will come back, who knows.

"That sounds great. I love aquariums." She smiles and reaches for my hand, joking with me.

"We could go." She says.

"Eh nah." Charlie's her pulls her hand back, and gasps. And then we both laugh.

__

I knock on the door of Charlie's apartment. Waiting for minute, nothing happens. There is a door shut on the other side of the door. Knocking again, I finally here Charlies voice on the other side. 

"Hang on Jack!"

I laugh and call back to her. "My feet are tired!" 

She opens the door and raises her eyebrows like a disappointed mother. "Its ten in the morning, my brain is tired." 

Her hair is wet, and she is in mom jeans, a white thermal longsleeve, and a creme cardigan. Following her inside, I notice her tidiness. Ive been in her apartment only a couple of other times but never fully took it in. She has a couple of stacks of books and magazines on her table, and lots of art on her walls, but it is still so clean. It is definitely Charlie. 

She turns around as she grabs her keys, a purse, and hairtie all in one. I take my hands out from behind my back and show her a birthday sash. 

She smiles and quickly grabs it from me, after setting everything abruptly on the table. "Ive never had a birthday sash before!" I laugh at her as she puts it on. 

"Never?" She shakes her head, and steps back, checking out the outfit now. "Tiara," She shakes her head again. "Pin?" Another no. "Well maybe it can be our thing."

She nods slowly, her smile never falling, and grabs her stuff again. "Shall we go?"

I nod, and open the door. "We shall."

Shaking my head, I close the door and watch the girl, who I am waiting for, as she skips down the hall playfully. 

__