thirty five

October 26th

"Good morning my lady." Jack says when I open my door. I smile and bow my head out him.

"Good morning sir Jack."

He walks in and immediately notices my suitcase that is not even closed yet. I'm not even completely sure if it closes.

"Charlie." He pauses in front of it and crosses his arms over, disapointed.

"I have needs."

"And we need to get to the airport." I laugh at him and walk up to my suitcase.

I poke him, teasing him. "Are you an airport dad?"

"Whats that?"

"Those people that show up like two hours early and insist that everything is a rush and our plane could just leave at any minute." I walk over to the kitchen. "Jack, I also made you a coffee."

I grab the to go cup and bring it to the living room.

"Ugh no, and thank ya Charles." He looks around the clothes on my floor and then leans down to shut the suitcase.

"Jack!" I yell.

He laughs as I fall to the ground next to him, fighting him as he tries to shut it. He is obviously ten times stronger and gets it shut.

"I need this damn stuff turd!"

"I need your mom!" He yells back. I laugh at him and slap his arm.

"In my room!" I laugh again, and he keeps a straight face as we fight.

I grab the zipper first, but then he reaches over the suitcase and begins to tickle me by my neck.

When we were together hanging out a long time ago, he found out that this was my ticklish spot. I have no idea why, it's so random.

Sometimes I think about how maybe it's because everywhere else tends to feel numb.

"Jack!" I fall backwards, trying to get him away from me. I laugh and tears come to my eyes.

My hands fly to his arms, trying to shove him off of me, but it ends up with his two hands, holding himself up next to my ears on the ground. We both slow down the fighting when we realize what position we are in.

I smile awkwardly at him and look down at his shirt color. It is gray. And it looks quite soft. I bet the shirt is thick. It looks nice and thick. Perfect for a flight.

I try distracting myself, because I don't want to break first, I need more things in my suitcase. I've never been this close to Jack, in this way specifically. For as shocking as this is to me, it also isn't freaking me out anymore.

He reaches to my chin and pulls it up, making me look at him back in the eyes. "We need to go." He whispers. Chills run up and back down my skin, making every hair on my body prick up.

"I need more in my suitcase." I demand, ignoring everything else.

He groans and rolls his eyes. "I will open mine and let you put some stuff in there."

I laugh at him for a moment and shake my head. "No."

"Yes." He holds his ground as we argue about this, ignoring the huge tension growing.

"Jack, no, I don't need that."

"Just do it, it's not going to fit in yours." He begs.

I roll my eyes at him this time and nod once. "Fine. If you insist."

"Thank you Charles." He begins to get off of me, and the moment he does, I stand up, brushing my shirt off, as if there is something on it.

I pick up all of the extra stuff from the small pile on the coffee table as he zips up my suitcase. "Ready?" He asks when he is done.

I look around and nod, grabbing my keys from my small kitchen. "Ready mate." I say in a British accent.

We leave my apartment and after I lock it, I begin to March down the hall like sargent.

"Hut two three four, hut!" He laughs behind me.

When we get to his car, he puts in my suitcase, and then adds all of my extra things in his. "Holy shit Jack!" I say, watching him open his.

"What?"

"You barely pack anything." I shake my head and cross my arms over pretending to be disappointed.

"I need like two outfits for the two days we are going to be there Charlie." He shakes his head and shuts the trunk.

"Actually, three days."

"Three days," Jack repeats as we both walk to my side of the car, and I watch him weirdly as he follows. "What?"

"Why are you coming to this side with me?" He smiles and reaches towards the door handle.

He opens the door and my mouth drops open. "For me?" I ask, making my fake tears come along to be dramatic.

"For you madam." I laugh at him and sit, holding the door to tell him something before he shuts it.

"Im independent don't you know?"

He raises his eyebrows and sighs. "This is gonna be a long trip." He shuts the door in my face and I laugh quietly as he walks around the car. It has definitely been a long morning.

"You know you love me." I whisper to myself, starring at my lap. I wouldn't say it though, because that calls for admitting. And admitting is not what I want or need right now.

"Lets go to New York!" Jack yells as he opens the door.

I laugh at him and hold out my hand awkwardly. I think to myself what if he doesn't want to hold it, but before I pull away, he grabs it without thinking after putting the car in drive, and driving with one hand.

Our hands go to my lap as I mess with my fingernails from anxiety. I look down to our hands and smile to myself.

His thumb rubs back and forth along the back of my hand like it always does. My hand is cold, and his is warm, like always.