tōma ampā

RED KEEP, KING VISERYS' CHAMBERS

"Rhaenyra... my child... it has been much too long.." The sickly King smiled, resting in an armchair near his window.

The silver haired woman shrunk back slightly, "I know father... I apologize for leaving you alone so long... I have Daemon with me."

"Daemon! My brother... I have missed you terribly."

"And I you brother... Listen, we must speak." Daemon responded, sitting beside Viserys.

Viserys smiled, and looked away out the window. His face seemed to glow,"It is about Selaena, yes?"

Daemon looked to Rhaenyra and nodded, "It is, brother."

He nodded, "She is a very wise girl, way beyond her years."

"The Throne should be hers." Rhaenyra blurted out, almost cutting off Viserys' sentence.

Daemon chuckled and rubbed his face, "Well that went well."

Viserys did not seem shocked. "I know, and that is why she will have it. The girl and I spoke when she first arrived. I am no fool to not know why she had come, now I understand as you both do. This girl will be our families salvation."

"I'm glad we agree father, but how shall this be announced to the realm?"

"During the tourney being held in her honour, as well as Aegon's nameday. There will be a grand feast on the first day, and that is when she will be crowned heir. In the presence of all High Lords of Westeros."

Daemon nodded in satisfaction. The announcement on that specific day will surely knock back the Greens. "I see you and her have already schemed a plan then."

*

RED KEEP, SAERA TARGARYEN'S CHAMBERS

After Selaena had gotten dressed quickly in her chambers, putting on a black gown and sheer cloak, both with gold accents, which Jacaerys helped pick out.

Jace, being ever patient for the girl, waited outside as she prepared herself, and accompanied her and the two guards to the main hall. He learnt their names, Luther and Alistar, and was glad that she had stayed safe while alone in the city.

Since Cassian and Alessia were not in her chambers, she assumed they were already in the main hall.

Unbeknownst to Selaena, it was not only Rhaenyra's family and the Velaryons who had arrived, but all the proper lords and ladies whom she did not get to meet in court. Alicent had failed to share that information with her, hoping she would embarrass herself in front of the Realm.

Of course that was not the case, she had wanted to look her best in front of new people, she had not met the Princess Rhaenys, the wife of Corlys, or their granddaughters; Baela and Rhaena. They were also the daughters of Daemon.

She had exited her chambers and all three of the men awaiting her outside were silent, Jacaerys spoke first. "You look beautiful, Selaena."

"Indeed. You look lovely, your Grace." Luther spoke, Alistar nodding.

"Thank you, my friends." She smiled and clasped her hands in front of her, "Shall we go to the main hall?"

The walk to the main hall was unusually quiet, as servants and maids were usually always wandering.

"I wonder why it is so quiet today, The arrival of your family and the Velaryon's must be a grand ordeal?" Selaena questioned Jacaerys, keeping her eyes forward.