mēre hārepsā

For those who had recently fought in the fiery Battle of Tumbleton, the last three days in Kings Landing and the neighbouring encampment were full of celebration and peace. To them it had seemed the war was over, for the Faith Militant's troops had been wiped out and any remaining camps throughout the Reach and Westerlands had been cleaned up by squads sent out the day following the battle on the Queen's command. All that remained was the Starry Sept itself.

Selaena and her council had not felt the peace her subjects did, as they worked tirelessly to repair the damage done by those prior in power. Thankfully she was able to fully focus on her tasks, with Rhaenys and Rhaenyra; even Corlys, taking care of the babes. The destruction caused during Aegon's coronation and the ensuing riots had been fully cleaned up and all buildings repaired. On top of that, three new public schools for all children of King's Landing were currently being built, including an orphanage and the renovations of the current ones.

That was merely the beginning though, as Selaena had put out a Royal Decree which offers 10 Gold Dragons to anyone who can clean up the streets of the city and fill a barrel with proof of their efforts. Two days after it was announced, it seemed the lingering smell of shit in the air had disappeared and you could actually see the different colours of stone that made up the roadways and paths throughout the city. A walk through the city could actually be deemed as pleasant now. The remnants of three cleanup were burnt far away from any town or city, as to not gas anyone out.

This payment made to citizens had also been more money than most had seen in their entire lives, so in turn it improved the livelihood of them further.

Reparations were sent to Lady Footly of Tumbleton, who was now regent after the death of her husband from the Green's assault. The large majority of the market town had been destroyed and Selaena had been the one responsible for the most damage, so she believed it was only right she aid in repairing the town.

The young Queen was currently in the council chambers, and was rather inclined to join in on the excitement throughout the streets of her city, but of course there was no rest for the wicked; for herself, and she would ensure that for Otto, Alicent, and their lap dog.

The letter just dropped on the table by Daemon almost made her giggle and kick her feet like a little girl. Everything was in place, everyone was where she needed them to be.

Dārys,

The Hand has cast aside the Light. Locked in the highest tower she may remain. The traitor has double-crossed and seeks to atone. He comes bearing a gift, for what is a Hand without a head?

Ōdres

"We should expect a very special guest soon." She said through her laughs toward Daemon. "I knew it would work, but did not believe it would truly be that easy."

The Rogue Prince looked puzzled, even after reading the letter himself. "Care to explain?"

"Daegon has been in Oldtown for some time, but those are not the only eyes I have there. Mysaria has helped greatly with that, and ensures our letters are seen only by us. I had my brother offer something to Cassian he cannot refuse; my hand. A way to clear an obstacle and get him back on our side...You can stop looking at me like that, it is clearly an obvious farce. He is a traitor, and I am promised to another."

Daemon laughed loudly, "You never fail to surprise me with how cunning you can be."

She shrugged. "I am only playing by the rules he set; if he can be deceitful, why not I? All is fair in love and war... To prove his 'devotion' to me I asked him to bring me the head of Otto Hightower... With the arrival of Mysaria's letter, I can only assume it will be any moment now we get called to the Great Hall for him being caught trying to sneak in. There is an entrance to the Keep I had shown him, and knew he'd use, so I've had Luther and Alistar stationed there."