hāre ampā

The trio made their way towards the beaches of Blackwater Bay, Lyrax was too large for the dragon pit entrance in King's Landing, much to Queen Alicent's dismay, so he had resided among the sandy dunes.

Selaena had refused to chain up Lyrax regardless, her companion was not a slave and would not be treated as such by being placed in chains.

The great black dragon could be spotted as soon and they made it onto the beach, the sheer size of the beast made both Luther and Alistar fumble in their steps. Of course they had been in somewhat close proximity to Prince Aemond's Vhagar, but this one was larger than what they believed Balerion the Black Dread to be.

Lyrax could sense his companion's presence. and rose slowly, shaking off sand that blew over on him while crawling in Selaena's direction.

The young queen wore a bright smile on her face, Lyrax never failed to make her feel comfort. She embraced his nose upon coming face to face. "My love," She spoke softly, "these are men sworn to protect me during my stay, shall we introduce ourselves?"

A purr like noise came from the dragon, which made the two guards look at each other in their peripherals. They had not expected a noise of that kind from a dragon of this calibre.

Selaena turned to them, still wearing her bright smile. She was literally and figuratively glowing with happiness, presumably from the presence of her dragon. "He likes you both. Please, approach us."

Alistar was the first to make a move, which surprised Selaena slightly. Unbeknownst to her, he had always dreamed of touching a dragon. Unfortunately never having the chance even while working as a Kingsguard.

He reached out his hand and stroked Lyrax's nose, joined shortly by Luther. The dragon stood calmly, relishing in the mass of attention he usually did not receive (everyone was normally terrified of him, except for Selaena of course).

Selaena was quite happy that Lyrax had taken to the two guards so well, she had known they are trustworthy, but her companion's acceptance sealed the deal for her.

"What do you both think about a ride?" She spoke suddenly, breaking the two from their trance.

They did not know how to respond, honestly they couldn't tell if she was joking or not.

"Lyrax has proven to fit 3 in the saddle. Please, I haven't been on a proper ride in too long. I would appreciate some company." She spoke again after noticing slight hesitation.

The two had no choice but to agree, they were her sworn guards, and it was an opportunity of a lifetime men of their status would only dream to get.

The two Kingsguard had never felt more joy until that very day, Selaena and Lyrax had flown them all the way to Harrenhall and back in the span of an hour. They were stunned at the speed of the dragon due to his size.

"He's being a show-off today, really wants to impress you both." Selaena chuckled as they were reeling from the shock of swooping low quickly to skim the water of Blackwater Bay.

Neither of the two had said a word since mounting the dragon, they were overly filled with shock and couldn't manage to muster a sentence.

As Kingsguard the two men were never quite treated as human from their employers, and maybe with their title they were not. This Queen, Selaena had shown them otherwise.

To allow mere guards upon her dragon was an entirely different enigma, Luther couldn't help but speak up. "Your grace, you have blessed me with this gift. I am forever in your debt."

Alistar spoke up quickly after, "I thank you, your grace, for something I could only have dreamed of."

Before Selaena could respond to their sentiment, a roar from a dragon was heard off in the distance, Selaena turned to see a large green-tinged dragon approaching, Vhagar she assumed.