vōre lantēpsa

It was in a tent placed in the middle of the quickly-made camp in between the Kingswood and Blackwater Rush where Selaena and Jacaerys had finally met face to face after their time apart.

They stood a distance apart observing the other for a long while. Selaena had wind-burnt cheeks and her plainly braided hair had come loose from her time in the air. She hadn't looked much different to Jace, but there was something new about her he just couldn't figure out what.

Jacaerys' hair had somehow grown out an inch, and it had started to develop curls at the ends. His face held a bit of scruff and dirt, not to mention the small slash across his jaw. In his short time in the Riverlands, he seemed to have taken on the liking of a King Selaena thought.

They broke their gazing at the same time and embraced for even longer; long enough that Daemon, Aemond and Rhaena who were also present grew quite uncomfortable.

"It has been less than a fortnight, you can stop anytime now." Aemond rolled his eye with a scoff, causing Jace to pull away in embarrassment. He honestly forgot they were not alone.

"You sound more like Father everyday." Rhaena quipped, causing a laugh from the aforementioned father and Selaena.

The one-eyed Prince blushed, turning his head to hide it. "I do not."

Rhaena scoffed in response and mumbled. "You keep telling yourself that."

Aemond looked as if he wanted to rebut, but Selaena changed the subject out of her own embarrassment, though she was much better at concealing it.

"So Silverwing huh? Congratulations, Rhaena. It seems like Vermithor will be able to be near his mate now, he's quite excited about that." She smiled.

Rhaena smiled brightly, "Something came over me when I saw her, and it just made sense. I had never seen Silverwing until this day, I understand why I had not claimed a dragon yet."

Selaena nodded. "It just wasn't the right time, I say. You had only needed to wait to find each other."

"I always believed this day would come, i'm so proud of you Rhaena." Daemon smiled, pulling his daughter into a hug.

Rhaena looked to Aemond after they separated, and coughed awkwardly. "I've never properly apologized for what happened that night. I see now you were the right person for my mother's dragon, and I thank you for taking care of her."

Aemond nodded. "All is forgiven. You are welcome to visit her anytime you'd like, same for Baela."

Rhaena's eyes lit up, "Really?"

"Yes, just make sure you bring me with you of course."

She jumped from Daemon's arms into Aemond's unsuspecting ones, causing them to stumble back.

"Thank you." She mumbled with a tear coming out her eye.

He awkwardly hugged back, a light pink dusting his cheeks while he patted her back. "Uh- yeah of course."

Daemon laughed loudly, and Selaena and Jacaerys joined in. Some commotion could be heard from outside the tent causing the group to look toward the noise inquisitively.

"Oh right, that must be Lord Cregan. He was going to come and meet with us." said Daemon as his laughter ceased. "Something about our next move."

Selaena nodded and pushed her flyaways behind her ears just as Cregan pushed into the tent.

As their eyes met for the first time the Warden of the North smirked and dropped to a knee. "My Queen, it is a pleasure to finally meet you in person."

She responded with a smile. "Likewise, Lord Cregan. Thank you for looking after Prince Jacaerys for me, I know you kept him good company. Please, rise."