hārepsā

"That... explains a lot..." the Prince mumbled as his gaze was set on the horizon.

Selaena and Jacaerys were sat on the beach with Jaeva and Jaehaerys, away from other ears while she told him what she had told Daemon.

She remained silent, and allowed him to collect this thoughts.

"...Thank you for telling me...I understand why you waited before telling Daemon or I."

"It was much too difficult to shoulder this burden alone, with Daerion so far away. I cannot hide things from those I intend on spending the remainder of my life with." She responded, stroking Jaehaerys' hair as she looked to the sunset.

Jace blushed in response, and looked down to Jaeva who was napping peacefully in his arms which reminded him of something.

"Have you heard anything about Aegon?" He asked.

She smiled. "No letter from him or Daerion, or anyone of my staff actually.. I can only assume good things then. It's not unusual to not hear from my brother once he finds something that really intrigues him. It seems Aegon has become his next victim. Daerion would have made him stay in Mantarys a while before even seeing Tolos. Which is what I had hoped, the two are grossly similar."

He hummed in response, he wasn't quite sure what to say. He still believed Aegon had gotten away too easily, but he tried to not let it bother him. He was far away in Valyria, and more importantly away from Selaena.

"You don't talk about your siblings much." He spoke after a short while.

Selaena shook her head. "It's difficult to... I can't help but think of what they've sacrificed for me, and how I'll never be able to repay them for it."

It was silent for a moment, until Jace responded. "I don't think they see what they've done for you as a sacrifice. If they resented you for it, they surely would have left on their own by now."

His words rang in her head, maybe he was right. All three of her siblings had never once shown that they regretted the choices they've made or where they are now.

"I suppose you are right. I do try not to think about it, it has been increasing difficult as of late. I know they are eager of my conquering of Westeros, it still does not change how I feel about asking so much of them during this time." Selaena vented quietly.

Jacaerys moved his free arm and put her head down to rest on his shoulder and pulled her close. "You said so yourself, they are eager to help you do so. Everyone you are able to call family and friend around you here too. As am I, you are the Queen I swore to; and the love and light of my life."

A red blush displayed across her face, hidden by their position thankfully. She almost found it humiliating the way Jacaerys was able to bring her to such a state, but her love for him heavily overshined any negative feelings.

She had never felt this way towards another; no other relationship or moment of passion she shared with others could compare to the feeling of just sitting in the mere embrace of Jacaerys.

For so long, prior to arriving in Westeros, it had always seemed Cassian would be the one she would evidently end up with. Her dreams had shown her that she would have children with curly silver locks, much like him, and he had stayed many nights in her bedchambers back home. The act was done merely out of pleasure for her, and he was more than willing to provide.

Now, however, as she brushed her hand over the thin layer of curls over Jaehaerys' head and leaned into Jacaerys more, it was clear whose whispers in Valyrian she heard in her dreams.

"I have something for you." Jacaerys spoke again suddenly, breaking the silence.

He removed his arm from around her and reached into his breast pocket, pulling out a ring.