CHAPTER FOUR

My breathing became heavier by a minute. "Uhm.. Look about last night..." I began to say but Brandon interrupted me. "Yeah about last night... I wanted to apologize to you. I was under the influence of alcohol and I am really sorry." Brandon said with a huge smile on his face. "It's okay." I said in a small voice. He shook his head sideways. "No it's not. So..." Brandon trailed off and pushed a brown envelope on my table. "Money? Seriously? What kind of a person do you think I am? Typical rich kids." I shook my head sideways and looked at him in disgust. He looked shocked at first but laughed afterwards. "Trust me. This is better than money. Take it as a way of me being a jerk last night. Plus my aunt say if I don't apologize properly she'll never speak to me again." He said the last part as a whisper but I heard it. I slowly took the brown envelope and opened it. "No way!" I screamed. He nodded. "Yes way. It's a contract to be an intern at my parents'  company. 

"You're forgiven." I said flashing him my best smile. He smiled back and walked away. I jumped up and down like a little kid."I have to tell mom." I dialed my mother's phone number on the company's phone. "Hey mom. I got the best news ever!" I screamed. I can imagine her taking her phone away from her ear for a second."What is it sweety?" She asked curious. "I got I got an internship in JST WRITINGS.". I said and mom went quite. "Mom? You still there?" I asked and she hummed a yes. "Uhh yes I'm still here. Congratulations dear." She said but her voice did not sound happy at all. She hung up the phone before I even tell her that I'll be coming home today. Weird.
I called Casey to come celebrate with me but she said she's still tired from yesterday. "Oh well. Guess I'll be going home then."

I got to my apartment and switched on the TV. A news channel was on and I decided to leave it and warm up my food before I go to mom's house. "Multimillionaire Dwayne Franklin joins the
JST WRITINGS family company . "What!" I screamed. Suddenly there was a knock on my door. My breathing was still heavy. I opened the door and there was mom. Great. (Note the sarcasm)
"The nerve of that selfish excuse of a man!" My mom yelled causing me to widen my eyes in shock. She isn't the type of a person who swears. "Mom? Are you okay?" I asked seeing her gulping the bottle of water she was holding in seconds. "Can you believe he has  taken you out of his will?" Mom said getting angrier. "Can't say I'm surprised." I said shrugging my shoulders. I gave my mom a hug. " Look mom. Dad is a criminal hiding behind a suit so I think he did me a favor my excluding me." I said not even bothered. Dad has denied me as his daughter. No one knows that Dwayne Franklin has a daughter. Only two sons . " Wait. You're not mad?" Mom asked and I shook my head no. "That's a relief. If anyone in his millionaire groups find out he has a daughter, they'll make you marry one of their sons." I pulled my mom away from the hug. "Wait what? That's crazy and besides no one will find out." I said laughing but deep down I asked myself 'What if someone did find out?'