CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

Linda's POV

"Calm down Ms Craig."

"Calm down? Calm down!? My eyes are greenish yellow. How am I supposed to calm down!?" I yelled at the doctor.

"Well. It's just a side effect. Your eyes will be back to normal in the next few weeks." The doctor declared causing me to sigh in relief.

"Okay." I said.

"Look on the bright side, you can see without your glasses." Mom said causing me and Casey to laugh.

"When can I go home doc?"

"Tomorrow. We still have to monitor you to see if there are still some side effects." The doctor said and I nodded.

The doctor went outside.
"Okay girls. I'll see you later." Mom said kissing my forehead.

"Bye mom." I waved at her and she gave me a smile.

"She's going on a date isn't she?" I nodded and we both laughed.

"I missed you." I said pouting my lips playfully.

"I missed you too." Casey said laying down on the bed.

"Why did you leave?"
"Family emergency. Dad is sick. Really sick." She said with tears in her eyes.

"I'm so sorry."

"It's okay. He'll be fine." She said wiping away the tears.

"Anyway... I wanted to.." Casey was interrupted by the person coming in the ward.

"Brandon?"

He smiled at me. He held flowers.
"Hey. Woah!"

"Don't say it." I interrupted him.

"Wow. I mean your eyes are interesting. What are they green?" Brandon asked cupping my face. He looked me straight in the eyes.

Oh please stop it!

I pulled his hands away from my face.

We looked at each other for like a minute before Casey cleared her throat.

"Let me give you guys some space."

"Oh. Brandon this is Casey, my best friend. Casey this is Brandon my uhh.. colleague." I smiled awkwardly.

"Oh? So you're the Brandon that my brother is competing with." Casey said chuckling while shaking Brandon's hand.

"Nice to meet you Casey."
"Likewise."

"Anyway. I gotta go. See you later babes." Casey came closer to me to kiss my forehead like mom did.

"Don't." I said moving my head to the other direction.

"Whatever." She said walking out of the ward.

"We need to talk."
"Well gee. I'm doing great Brandon thanks for asking." I said sarcastically.

He had a serious look on his face.

"Okay let's talk."

"Why didn't you tell me about the real amount of money your dad gave you?" Wow. Straight to the point.

"I don't know okay. I can't even come up with an excuse." I said honestly.

"What about the resignation letter?"

"Dad sent it. He said I had money now so I don't need this job." I said shrugging my shoulders.

He nodded.

"Okay. Look I gotta go." He said shifting side to side.

"Okay. See ya." I waved at him. He smiled at me and he left. I went to sleep. After the day I've had, I think I could conquer anything.

......................................
It was morning and Casey came to pick me up.
I opened the door to my apartment. Maybe I should buy myself a house. I mean, I do have money.

Mom was sitting on the couch watching TV.
"Hey honey. I made some pasta."

"Thanks mom."

We all sat at the dining table eating the food that mom made. A knock on the door interrupted Casey's story.

"I'll get it." I said walking towards the door.

Dad?

"Why didn't you resign?" He asked with a frown on his face.

"I don't want to. I love my job." I said Crossing my arms on my chest.

"I'll make sure you get out of that job. Even if it's the last thing I do." What? Is he... Was that a threat?

Mom and Casey stood behind me.

"Do your worst old man." I said shocking dad. I was also surprised.

"You'll regret it." He said walking away.

"He really needs to be taught a lesson." Casey said closing the door.

Ohh. It's about to go down. I can't wait to see what Linda's dad have for us.